⁰¹ The Vanishing of 1983

ᵖᵃʳᵗ ¹ - sᴇᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ʟᴀᴛᴇʀ

❛ sʜᴇ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴄᴀᴍᴇ ʜᴏᴍᴇ ʟᴀsᴛ ɴɪɢʜᴛ ❜

See you later. She didn't know it yet but those three little words will forever haunt the Harrington girl.

Those three little words would never be the same to her again.

Those three little words said by others saying goodbye would make her paranoid that those she loved would never come back.

Let's rewind, it was November 6th, 1983, normal night in Hawkins Indiana, the windows were lightly covered in raindrops from the earlier storm and laughs filled this big house.

Two girls, Imogen Harrington and Issa Jones were in the room, laughing and joking around, having the time of their life, with each other, happy knowing they didn't have to worry about anyone finding out about them.

"I just don't understand what Nancy sees in Steve! I'm mean he's an idiot!" Imogen exclaimed, looking at the amused Issa before throwing her arms up exaggeratedly. "You're gonna look at me and tell me I'm wrong!?"

Issa raised her brows, running her fingers through Imogen's hair as she lied her head in Issa's lap. "Yes, your brother is an idiot."

Imogen gave her a big smile, "HA!"

"--BUT!" Issa interrupted, playfully glaring at the girl who frowned. "Steve's cute, I can see why Nancy likes him. You just don't want them together cuz he's your brother and she's your friend."

Imogen popped up making Issa move her head quickly to avoid getting headbutted.

"Wait a minute!" Imogen squinted at Issa who just bit her lip trying to contain their smile. "You think he's cute?"

Issa rolled her eyes before looking at the girl affectionately. "Not like that, Mo-Mo."

Imogen blushed, a dopey smile working on her face at the nickname since Issa was the only one to call her Mo or Mo-Mo.

Issa snorted at the smile on her face making Imogen flush even darker. Issa bit their lip, leaning her face closer to the blushing girl.

Imogen glanced at the girl's lips before looking back into the oh-so-familiar and beautiful hazel eyes, her breath hitching when Issa laid a soft kiss on her lips.

Issa grabbed the girl's head, deepening the kiss before finally breaking away, both of them with smiles on their faces.

"Wow." Imogen breathed out, her forehead against Issa's staring into those sparkling eyes in amazement as Issa just tucked her Mo-Mo's hair behind the girl's ear.