²⁰ The Code

ᵖᵃʳᵗ ²⁰ - sʜᴇ ᴋɴᴏᴡs

❛ ɪ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ʜᴇʀ ❜

When she woke up the next morning, she had almost forgotten about the event last night, but as she stared at the ceiling the thoughts came rushing back.

When she was getting ready, there was a pip in her step, the confidence she's never felt before, that would not be dwindled down by the thunder and grey clouds outside.

She made it down the stairs, frowning at the vacant home, forgetting her parents went on a business trip, and Steve already left for work.

The girl got her sweater, tying it around her waist, before leaving the house.

Just as she left the house and locked the door, the phone rang.

On the other side of the phone, Max groaned when no one picked up.

"She didn't pick up."

El looked at the girl in paranoia, holding the fanny pack she found in Billy's bathroom, the bloody whistle in the other.

"I don't get why you're looking at girls when you have the perfect one in front of you."

Imogen furrowed her brows when she saw her brother and Dustin squatted behind one of the plants in the mall, big binoculars in hand.

"Seriously, if you say Robin again--" Steve rolled his eyes.

"Robin."

Imogen crouched behind them, "What are we doing?"

Steve glanced at his sister, ruffling her hair in greeting while Dustin shrugged, "Trying to get Steve a girlfriend."

"Who's the candidate?"

"Robin."

Imogen's frown didn't go unnoticed by Steve but did by Dustin.

"No, she's not my type," Steve stated. "She's not even...in the ballpark of my type."

"What's your type again? Not awesome?" Dustin questioned.

Steve could tell his sister was upset, wanting to shout at Dustin to stop, to tell him he wasn't the one that liked Robin but he would never out his baby sister like that.

Imogen inhaled, getting up from her position, "I think I'm gonna go say hi to Robin."

Steve glared at Dustin, before watching his sister walk away slumped.