²⁶ Called It

ᵖᵃʳᵗ ²⁶ - sᴏ ɪᴛ's ʀᴇᴀʟʟʏ ᴏᴠᴇʀ

❛ ɪɴғɪɴɪᴛᴇ ❜

After the events, there was a sense of freedom in the air.

Ambulances, fire trucks, police, and military were all scattered around the lot of the mall.

Imogen sat in the back of an ambulance, her head had just been stitched up by the EMT, who gave her something to calm her nerves.

Her figure was illuminated by the red and blue lights shining around them, the blanket around her shoulders keeping her warm, from the breeze that passed through.

Her brown eyes scanned the lot, locking on Billy, taking in the boy who stood next to Max, his hand on her back as she got checked out by another EMT.

There was a glint of guilt in his eye, one that shouldn't be there.

He didn't do anything wrong, Imogen thought.

"I'm so glad you're okay!"

The girl grunted when she felt someone hug her tightly, turning her head to see Robin.

"What the hell were you thinking?" Steve exclaimed, slapping his sisters arm when the girls broke from their embrace, fighting back a smirk when he saw the two blushing.

Imogen rubbed her arm, slapping the boy harder, not answering his question.

Steve sighed, pulling his little sister into a hug, kissing her forehead. "No more running into danger."

Imogen huffed, pulling away watching her brother walk away going towards Billy.

"So this is why you go to therapy?" Robin nudged the girl beside her, taking a seat.

"Yup."

"Mind giving me their number?" Robin joked, feeling her heart swell when she heard Imogen's chuckle.

Imogen shook her head with a smile before her eyes trailed around, frowning. "Where's Joyce and Hop?"

Robin looked around, her brows furrowing when she didn't see the adults. "I don't know."

Robin turned to the girl, seeing Imogen's worried face, she put her hand on top of Imogen's. "Hey, they'll be okay."

Imogen stared at their conjoined hands, butterflies in her stomach, her mind going over Robin's words.

They'll be okay.

The words replayed in her head, only being broken out of the trance when she felt Robin squeeze her hand.

Imogen looked at the girl's ocean blue eyes, before looking where she was pointing, seeing Joyce, hugging Jonathan and Will, happy her babies were safe in her arms.