⁰⁶ Gone Girl

ᵖᵃʳᵗ ⁶ - ᴛᴇʟʟɪɴɢ ʜᴏᴘᴘᴇʀ

❛ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʙᴏʏ ᴀssᴜʟᴛᴇᴅ ᴀ ᴘᴏʟɪᴄᴇ ᴏғғɪᴄᴇʀ

❛ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʙᴏʏ ᴀssᴜʟᴛᴇᴅ ᴀ ᴘᴏʟɪᴄᴇ ᴏғғɪᴄᴇʀ. ❜

The taste of metallic is on her tongue from her abused lip. Her knee was bobbing, nervousness flowing through her veins as she sat in the very uncomfortable chair.

Imogen's hands were still slightly shaking, still in shock about what happened. All she could remember was the sound of skin hitting skin and the shouts, the blood falling from Steve's face. It was hard for her to forget about it, she was stuck staring at the ground blankly, not even realizing she had not blinked for a while.

"Jonathan? Jesus, what...what happened?"

The girl finally blinked her dry eyes, snapping her head to the entrance, seeing a confused Joyce and a pissed Hopper, glancing at Jonathan who was currently handcuffed with Nancy holding an ice pack to his eye which was now bruising in an ugly purple color.

If that's ugly how is Steve's face doing? Imogen thought, her stomach churning at the thought.

"Ma'am..." Callahan said slowly, turning in the chair that he was sitting in, behind the teens, almost bumping into Imogen's making him smile apologetically which the girl didn't acknowledge.

"I'm fine..." Jonathan mumbled, looking at his hands awkwardly, knowing his mom was beyond concerned.

Joyce's eyes softened on her child before they went to the cuffs around Jonathan's wrists, turning to Callahan with an angered look. "Why is he wearing handcuffs!?"

Imogen looked at the lanky police officer with a raised brow, saying at the same time as him.

"Well, your boy assaulted a police officer. That's why."

"Jonnie elbowed him in the nose." Imogen glanced at the guilty-looking Jonathan, who peered up at Callahan's bruising nose that was purple and slightly yellow-green.

"Take them off," Joyce said firmly, glaring at the officer.

"I am afraid I can not do that." Callahan shook his head, pursing his lips.

"Take them off!" the woman yelled.

Hopper sighed, looking at the officer sternly. "You heard her. Take 'em off."

Powell popped up out of nowhere, making Imogen jump since she didn't even notice the man there. "Chief, I get everyone's emotional here, but there's something you need to see."