²² Only a Matter of Time

ᵖᵃʳᵗ ²² - ʀᴜssɪᴀɴ ɢᴜᴀʀᴅs

ᵖᵃʳᵗ ²²  - ʀᴜssɪᴀɴ ɢᴜᴀʀᴅs

❛ ɪ ᴡᴀs ʀɪɢʜᴛ ❜

"Code red. I repeat, this is code red."

They had been stuck in the elevator for the whole night, at least that's what Dustin said after checking his watch, stating the mall just opened for the day.

Climbing back to safety wasn't an option anymore after Steve and Dustin revealed that they were hundreds of feet underground.

Imogen stared into space, sitting on an unopened box as Dustin tried contacting someone on his walkie-talkie.

But no matter how hard he tried, he got no response, too far underground to get a signal, for a little radio like his.

"He knows no one's gonna answer, right?" Imogen stared up at Steve pacing in front of her, running a hand through his hair.

Steve sighed, climbing through the hatch to the elevator shaft, the boy's voices echoing as they spoke.

"Hey! Gotta take it easy on that thing, you're gonna drain the battery," Steve raised a brow at the nervous wreck of a boy in front of him.

Imogen, being closer to the hatch, heard the whispered conversation.

She tried to ignore it, her heart aching when Dustin kept insisting on Steve dating Robin, though the older boy denied every advance.

She tried to ignore it when Robin looked over her shoulder, smiling at Imogen before going back to what she was doing, oblivious to the conversation.

"What are you doing?" Dustin's voice echoed.

"What does it look like I'm doing? I'm taking a leak, don't look." Steve replied.

Imogen groaned in disgust when she saw the drizzle of liquid coming from the open crevice in the corner of the room.

"Can you redirect your stream please?" Robin scoffed.

Robin rolled her eyes when she saw the dark stream move more to the corner, leaving a jagged streak in its wake. "Ugh!"

Robin went back to poking at the buttons on the wall, her focus breaking once again when she heard Erica banging the tube of green fluid against the table.

"Careful, careful. Careful!" Robin snatched the tube out of Erica's hands, holding it out of her reach. "We don't even know what this is."

"Exactly, it could be useful," Erica stated, eyeing the tube in Robin's hand before sending the older girl a glare.