¹¹ Painful Reminders

ᵖᵃʳᵗ ¹¹ - ᴅᴀʀᴛ & ɴɪɢʜᴛᴍᴀʀᴇs

❛ sᴀʏs ᴛʜᴇ ʙɪɢɢᴇsᴛ ᴀᴄᴛᴜᴀʟ ᴀssʜᴏʟᴇ ʜᴇʀᴇ

❛ sᴀʏs ᴛʜᴇ ʙɪɢɢᴇsᴛ ᴀᴄᴛᴜᴀʟ ᴀssʜᴏʟᴇ ʜᴇʀᴇ. ❜

Imogen awoke with a gasp. Her frantic eyes darting around her room that was only litten up by the light of twilight, her heart rapidly beating in her chest, only calming when she saw nothing of a threat to her.

The girl groaned when her head started to pound, the pain reaching behind her eyes and along with her temples, running a hand through her short hair as she sighed.

She plopped back on the bed, staring at the ceiling, once in a while closing her eyes to try and go back to sleep but the words from her dream kept haunting her.

'See you later'

The flash of the monster chasing her fled her mind, making her sit up quickly, shaking her head trying to relieve herself from her nightmare but yet it kept playing.

Despite the headache and nightmare, she knew her mom wouldn't let her stay home, so she got up from the bed to get her stuff ready for a shower, glancing at the clock with squinted eyes sighing in exhaustion when it was only 5:00 am.

──

"You were up early."

Imogen's eyes snapped from the moving trees, turning to look at Steve who kept his eyes on the road as they drove to school. "What?"

Steve glanced at the girl in the corner of his eye, "I heard you at like 5, what were you doing?"

She rolled her eyes, playing with the laces of her shoe, one foot on the seat of the car, knee to her chest as she avoided eye contact. "I couldn't sleep."

Steve stayed silent, a faraway look in his eyes that Imogen caught.

"You okay?" She asked, putting her leg normal to turn to her brother with furrowed brows.

Steve cleared his throat, shifting slightly as he tried not to think of what Nancy said to him last night, "Yeah, I'm fine."

Imogen narrowed her eyes in suspicion before leaning back in the passenger seat with a sigh, nervousness filling her system when she sees the school and notices Carol and Tommy watching Steve's car pull up.

Imogen got out of the car, sending a tight smile to Steve before walking off, her clammy hand was grasping her backpack strap and the other one was holding her necklace, both like they were lifelines.