²⁵ Battle of Starcourt

ᵖᵃʳᵗ ²⁵ - sɪᴄᴋ ᴏғ ʟᴏsɪɴɢ sᴏᴜʟᴍᴀᴛᴇs

❛ ɪᴛ ɢᴏᴛ ʜɪᴍ...ʜᴇ's ᴏɴᴇ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ғʟᴀʏᴇᴅ ❜

Screams filled the mall, El withering on the ground as tears streamed down her face onto her neck.

"Jesus." Dustin gagged when he saw something move under the bloody and bruised wound.

"We need to get it out." Imogen gasped, trying to push the thoughts out of her mind when she saw blood begin to drizzle out.

"Keep her awake, okay!" Jonathan ran off on a search for supplies, as Imogen and Mike tried to calm her.

"Shh, it's gonna be okay." Imogen pushed the hair out of El's eyes, beginning to hum 'Hey Jude'.

El's screams quieted down a little at the tune, sobbing softly, "It hurts."

"I know." Imogen put her cold hand on El's burning forehead, continuing to hum the only song the could calm El.

Imogen had shown her the song when she was helping Hopper with advice, El stated she thought the song was pretty.

That night, Imogen tucked El into bed and sang it --due to El's command-- even though it was raspy and it cracked here and there, El loved it.

It helped soothe her nightmares.

"You know, it's not actually that bad." Robin, uncomfortably nervous, began talking. "There was a goalie on my soccer team, Beth Wildfire. This other girl slid into her leg. The whole bone came out of her knee, six inches or something. It was insane."

"Robin, sweetheart?" Imogen glared at the girl, helping El lean back against Mike, though not leaving her side.

"Yes?" Robin looked up with wide eyes.

"You're not helping."

"Sorry." Robin looked down, sending an awkward smile Steve's way when he watched her, amused.

"Okay..." Jonathan slid onto the ground, supplies at his side, beginning to slip on some plastic gloves. "El, this is gonna hurt like hell, okay?"

"Okay." El cried.

"I need you to stay still, and bite down on this," Jonathan stated, giving Mike the wooden spoon.

Mike put it in her mouth, El biting down as Jonathan held up a knife, glowing orange from the heat.

Everyone held their breath when Jonathan cut into El's leg, her pained screams filling their ears, puss, and blood beginning to leak out.

Once the 3-inch incision was done, Jonathan shoved his two fingers into the wound, El's screams getting louder as they watched in horror.