¹⁴ Junkyard Rendezvous

ᵖᵃʳᵗ ¹⁴ - sʟɪᴍʏ sʟᴜɢ

❛ ᴛʜᴇʏ'ʀᴇ ᴛʜɪɴᴋɪɴɢ ᴏғ ᴀ ᴍɪʟʟɪᴏɴ ᴡᴀʏs ᴛᴏ ᴍᴜʀᴅᴇʀ ʏᴏᴜ ❜

"All right, so let me get this straight."

Imogen shook her head with an amused chuckle, watching her brother and Dustin talk while the three all threw slobs of raw meat on the ground, the squelching making the girl slightly nauseous as well as the smell.

"You kept something you knew was probably dangerous in order to impress a girl who...who you just met?" Steve scoffed, walking next to the young boy.

Dustin rolled his eyes, "Alright, that's grossly oversimplifying things."

"I mean, why would a girl like some nasty slug anyway?" Steve shook his head.

"They don't," Imogen mumbled, throwing another chunk of meat to the ground, her hands clammy from the rubber gloves she was wearing.

"An interdimensional slug? Because it's awesome." Dustin said as if it were so simple while Imogen puffed her cheeks out at his thought process.

The girl pushed through the boys walking ahead of them now, her eyes trailing the train tracks under her shoes as she tuned out their conversation.

"The key to girls is to just act like you don't care," Steve stated.

Imogen rolled her eyes, "So that's why you can't keep a girlfriend!" she exclaimed, smirking at the glare Steve threw her.

"Even if you do?" Dustin asked Steve.

"Yeah, exactly. It drives them nuts." Steve nodded.

"Probably cuz they're thinking of a million ways to murder you." the girl smiled tightly. "Seriously Dustin, don't listen to him unless you want girls to hate you."

Dustin ignored her making her sigh and carry on chucking meat, deciding to just stop commenting on Steve's advice since they didn't take her seriously.

"You're not falling in love with this girl, are you?"

Imogen peered over her shoulder, to look at Dustin, stopping when they stopped walking.

"Uh, no. No." Dustin stuttered, shaking his head rapidly.

Steve stared at the boy with furrowed brows, a pained look -- that Imogen caught-- in his eyes. "Okay, good. Don't."

"I won't," Dustin promised, gazing up at the boy with confusion.

"She's only gonna break your heart and you're way too young for that shit." Steve sighed before the three began walking again.