chapter 27

Nico POV

I lay on my bed and just try to ignore this overwhelming feeling. I hear the hallway outside my room creak as someone moves down the hall. I hear the steps stop and then a few light taps on my door. "it's open"

Jason steps in and I feel a mixture of relief and a pinch of sadness. I sort of wanted will right now. Jason clears his throat as he approaches my bed, when he takes a seat he asks, "Do you want to hear the plan or?" near the end his voice sort of faulters. I pick up my own tone to make sure it has no marks of sadness or a bit of hesitation, "Yes." 

"Well, there is a possible solution that obviously has no... promises of anyone safety. I think we can handle it but I'm more worried about possibly losing you in there." 

"In there?" I raise an eyebrow and start sitting up.

"Will says that the Hypnos cabin could possibly help you. two people could join you in your subconscious to help you fight this douche bag. Reyna cant step in since she has to run things here. there's Will, but are you okay with that?" 

I mull over the question a bit. "I think I would need to talk to him about that. I... know I need him but I don't want him to see me like that. It was so horrible and I remembered your reaction and even Reynas when you guys experienced it. I know I'm wounded, but I also don't want to be pitied. There's a difference between empathy and downright being saddened by someone's existence..." I didn't notice I started rambling until I meet Jason's concerned eyes, "Sorry, I just think that things are going well for us and I don't want to ruin it. I screw up nearly every contact i have with someone and this is the first positive relationship I've had. How we even met was sort of bumpy." I let out a sigh as i wrap my arms around my knees.

"well, maybe you should talk to him about your concerns and see what he feels? It's obvious that he cares for you and may even move mountains to assure that you are okay. Though we all were, the worry on his face was as strong as the look of determination to help you. I feel like tough you see yourself as somewhat distant from him, you might actually have to fight him to get him to leave you," He laughs a bit when finishing his statement. I smile at that.

"Yeah... I think I will talk to him. Did he leave?"

"I don't think so, he might still be sitting downstairs at the table."

I bit my lip a bit when I hesitated to ask, "Could you call him up for me?"

I saw Jason deflate a bit with relief and smiles at me, "yes, sure." 

With that, he gets up, gives me one more look of encouragement before closing the door behind himself. I feel butterflies traveling from my stomach to my chest. I squeeze my eyes shut and clench my jaw, I just don't want to ruin things.

*****

Hello! sorryyyyyyyyyyyyyy i've been dead. College fucking sucks, and i was also diagnosed with carpaltunnel. awesome.So im going to physical therapy. 

let me know if you want me to take my time on this or to rush it to close with an ending in the next few chapters please. I am not asking in any negative way, i just understand if you guys are tired of long waits, especially since I've been working on this since 2017. (oh Gods its now 2022)