chapter 23

**Nico pov**

We were sitting around a large table at a dinner. There's soft music playing, and it smelled like cinnamon spice. I ended up with a regular breakfast platter of pancakes, eggs, and bacon. Everyone was close to finishing their food, and I only ate two bacon strips and half of the eggs.

"It was fun hanging out! Me and wise girl have a schedule today, so we have to start heading out." Perce says as he gets up and starts going around to hug people. Annabeth does the same but stops and asks if it's fine to hug me.

I appreciate that.

I said yes, and like that, they were on their way.

Hazel and Frank were next to leave, "Christmas shopping!!!!" Hazel is full of excitement to explore; she's loved the world and how it evolved to this day. I can relate to her; the present needs some work, but it's way better than the past. "What are you going to get me?" I ask jokingly as I get up to hug her.

She gives me a small squeeze, "I'm not telling you a thing." We laugh, and frank waves bye at us. I think I make him uneasy... Hazel gives hugs to the rest and exits.

Soon it's just I, will, Jason, and Reyna. "So... Are you okay to start talking about a strategy?" Reyna asks me from across the table. I poke my pancakes with a fork before meeting her gaze. "I can try," is what I respond.

All I can do is try.

"Do you want to talk about it here, or is a meeting room in the back?"

I look towards the end of the diner and see a door. "I'm fine as long as no one can hear us." I say quietly. Rey nods as he gets up and walks away. Jason looks at her leave and then to me, "are you okay with me being here?"

I nod my head, honestly he's mostly the only person who knows me best. Well at least has seen and felt my past. "Are you fine with dealing with me? It was horrible to put you through what arrows did."

"Anything to help you, is fine by me. You are apart of my team, my family." Will nods in agreement.

Family

I sometimes forget that in camp, everyone is family with everyone. One way or another, and not just through blood. I look at rey as she approaches us, "we can use the room." She walks us to a door at the back and opens it.

We all fall in and there's not much in the small room. Few chairs and a whiteboard, meeting room for sure. I stand to the side while everyone takes up a space they want. "Okay so, what's the plan?" Rey asks will. Will looks at me with a questioning face. I nod at him. He turns back to rey and goes, "well do you mean how to deal with the God or his overall health?"

"Both if you don't mind." She answers back but looking between me and him. I shrug my shoulders and look down.

"Nico needs vitamins, but we need a lab to see specifically what and how much... He needs more rest, obviously, and a therapist.

But I must say, I am not pushing him, he is doing everything on his own terms."

That's when I step in, " I am getting mores sleep, it seems like he's waiting till I go back to the Greek camp... I am also doing everything will suggest except for therapy." Rey looks concerned but I ignore it and continue on, " I will take the therapy after I deal with the thorn at my side"

I let out a sigh as I think about facing the God of fear... "How do we deal with him?" Jason asks. "Well..." Will frowns, my stomach drops. I don't know what it is either and I already know it's going to be horrible. "We would need help from the cabin of hypnosis. I've asked, vaguely, if they can help with a situation like this. They said that in order to tackle this issue head on we would need to have a team go into the mind of the prey to push him out and ease the main point of issue." He takes a breathe, "meaning  Nico's breaking point."

No