Chapter 19

Hazel's POV:

Who did that to him?? What could have caused that? I want to reach out to take a closer look, but i don't... I think if i do he might run off. "Nico, what are those, who did that to you?"

Frank's POV:

oh no.

I look at Nico with wide eyes an then i look back at Hazel. My heart hurts for the both of them. I can be dense, but i know what those scars are. I look back at them and you could tell how deep he had cut. I'm surprised there are no signs of stitches. 

Jasons POV:

First, it was confusion, then realization, and finally the static in my ears. 

I don't react and I'm not sure how. Nico looks so small and vulnerable and all i want to do is protect him as i have done in the past.  I have fought by his side before, but i couldn't in this battle. I wasn't there for him and now he has wounds that i don't even know if he can recover from. 

I don't move, and i don't think i can breathe

The same worry lines he has on his face now are like the ones he had when he was facing cupid. Where i felt his pain, where i saw his suffering and the holes in him. I saw pieces of this but i thought he had stopped. I should have talked to him... i shouldn't have left him alone. I am so stupid. 

I was going to make a move to him once i felt the ice in me melt, but im not the first to make a move to him

Percy's POV:

I am angry. I am angry at whoever pushed him to do this, and i am angry at myself. I am so stupid and just as oblivious as everyone said. Tears start to well up in my eyes as i look down at the cuts.

I have seen people and have known people- friends who have done this ...  In all the schools i have been in and out of i would always befriend the person who gets picked on. Most of the times it would be kids who were suicidal because of the social impact thrown at them. I should have seen the signs, they were right there. I could have talked to him like i did with my other friends. I could have tried finding him help... i could have done SOMETHING. I get up suddenly and i make my way to Nico. 

He looks terrified as if im about to hurt him. he's shaking.

When i reach him he flinches and i pull him into a tight hug. He takes in a loud shaky breath as he starts breaking down. "im sorry, im sorry, im sorry" i hear his fast whispers. 

i start crying too, "No, I'm sorry."

***

oof this was emotional. hope yall like, make sure to leave a comment. which part killed u the most?