chapter 18

I wake up surprisingly rested... It's sort of suspicious. I have no clue as to what i was dreaming of, and i don't think i care. My stomach turns in a sudden realization of what will happen today... I'm not even sure or have the faintest idea of what will happen or how i will say the things i need to. How will Hazel be after this?? I move my hand to touch my wrist out of habit.

I bite my bottom lip. I need to figure all of this out... I take a breath in and I get out of bed to get ready. I need to find Reyna to see when this is going to happen. I head to the kitchen and see her there with a cup. It smells like green tea. "Hey, was wondering when you'll wake-up." "Oh, what time is it?" i ask. "I think its past nine. I thought i was going to have to drag you out of bed." she smiles a bit at her words and i do too. "I haven't slept well in a couple of months. I was surprised that i got any sleep at all" i yawn and stretch my back and arms a bit. I take a seat at the counter and watch her drink some more of her tea. "So when is everyone coming over, and who exactly?" my voice shakes a little with a bit of nervousness. 

" I invited Jace, Perce, hazel and i think she'll drag frank. If you're not comfortable with Frank being here i could probably ask him to go on an ice cream run. It should take him a while before he comes back..." 

I don't know... 

Numbness makes its way back to my chest and ribs. I feel tired and drained. "no no, it's fine. What if i cant do this? What if i just shut down... not shut down- i mean like.... what if i don't explain good and they get mad at me?" I ask in an even tone. "you don't need to do it today if you don't want to. I threw the invitation out as in the context of celebrating that you are here to visit and that we miss you." She says as she hands me a plate of fluffy pancakes. I smell the hash browns and bacon with eggs. I'm not really hungry, but i know Will would want me to eat. 

I eat and it surprisingly tastes good. "They'll come in a bit." She finishes eating and put the plates in the sink. I finish the little food she gave me and do the same. An hour passes and the tables are up, and board games are settled... I just don't know how im supposed to tell them... 

I hear Reyna open the door and telling everyone to come in. I make my way to the living room to say hi to everyone. Hazel launches herself at me and i hug her tightly in return. I hear Percy laugh at whatever Jason said and see Frank standing at side grinning. I wave at them and they wave back. Reyna turns on music and everyone starts putting the bags they had on the table. Hazel brought more games, frank ironically got ice cream, Jason brought chips and Percy, of course, got burgers and fries. Everyone wearing an SPQR shirt and as always i stick out with my black plain attire.  we gather around the table and start chowing down on the food. 

"i was surprised you came so suddenly," Hazel says all cheery as she picks at her fries. She's sitting next to frank across from me. Reyna nods too what she says next to me. "Yeah, i know. He suddenly just wanted to tag along, he must have really missed you." Jason says as he reaches for his drink. "I'm glad he came. You never get out of her cabin." Percy adds as he smiles at me. I smile back and take a bite of a fry. Reyna looks at me and bumps me with her elbow... I sigh. 

If i don't do it now, then i might not ever. 

I put the fry down and look up serious. "Nico, what's wrong?" Hazel asks me with concern. The air in the room changes and i could no longer hear the happy pop music in the background. "I wanted to tell you guys something..." i say in a very low tone. I start to roll up my sleeves and i take off my bandages. 

I expose my scars and i am visibly shaking as i hold them up so everyone could see. 

****

next chapter coming up sooooon!

make sure to please vote and leave comments :)