Chapter 8

I walk back to the back of the pottery place. I  knock on the hoping Alex is back. Its so cold that you could see your breath now. Alex opens the door and I wave hi to her. She nods and we go in.

"You didn't tell me you could fight." Alex says. She's in front of the microwave waiting for her noodles to be done. I grab a pomegranate and began peeling it with my hands.  "Well you kind of need to these days." I reply.

She turns to me and turns back to the Noddles when the thing beeps. She says nothing so far. I continue peeling and throw away the trash. I got a little messy ... This is the real reason you wear black clothing.

I sit on the floor with the fruit on a plastic plate and Alex sits right across from me. She has a serious face on, which makes me worry. "Can we tell each other things?" She asks in a small voice.

I look down at my fruit. I feel my anxiety kick it. Panic floods my lungs and my stomach turns. I'm not hungry anymore. "I guess. What did you want to talk about?" I ask. "Who's your parent?" She asks . "my mom died wh-" "Not mortal parents." She cuts me off before I could lie truthfully.

"You mean my godly parent?" I ask quietly. Her eyes now focus even more on me. A little of curiosity, a little excitement, but more of caution. She nods her head, her jaw shuts tight. "It's Hades." I say.

I'm ready for her to back up, for her to stand up and walk away in disgust and fear. To say no wonder I'm so freaky , no wonder I'm like this.

But she doesn't. "Your lying." She says. I look up at her confused. "No, why ? Are you Roman??" I ask. I dont want to deal with this... The floor cracks a bit as a warning. Usually Romans hate and fight with Greeks . She stands and so do I.

"I'm not Roman." She says. She backs away and I stop. Egyptian?  "Okay so what are you?" I growl out. She scowls at me. "Do you normally lash out when you feel a little threatened?" She asks. "Are you Egyptian?" I ask. "No. Are you schits??" She asks me with big eyes.

I grab my sword at my side. She looks at my side and her expression changes. The mist isn't hiding my sword now. She then pulls out a cutting wire for clay. "Who's your godly parent?!" I demand an answer.

"I'm the daughter of Loki!" She screams at me. "Now I don't believe you." I say. I get up and start heading towards the door. I´m done, I dont want to play games. Alex sprints in front of the door to stop me from leaving. "Wait." She says panicked."explain please." She says in a higher pitched tone. I try moving past her but she doesnt let me out. I olet out a frystrated sigh. 

"This is all a mess." I say exasperated. I turn around and sit on the couch. "Yip. Note to self: don't confront neeks  upfront." She says. She sits next to me and I put my head back. I start getting this head ache and feeling pressure all over my skull. I shut my eyes trying to clear my head. "Sorry." Alex says quietly.

This is rare he doesn't normally apologize. "Its fine. I'm sorry I went all defensive kill mode." I said. "Okay, so why did I get like that when you asked I was Roman?" He asks me looking concerned. I sigh, " Romans don't like Greeks. There's always conflict and wars. I was preparing to fight. " "oh... I thought you would get along though..." He says. "Yeah. So far the rest of the Greeks don't know. Only of the Egyptians... Long story, but I do have a Roman half sister. She was dead but I helped he'd cheat death." I say kind of mumbling. I don't really know how to begin.

"So there's Greeks, Romans, Egyptians..." "And now Norse gods." I say laughing. I'm losing my mind. "Hades kid? That's pretty cool. I would love to be a child of the king of the underworld." She says smiling at Me. My stomach starts turning . I shake my head, "No you wouldn't. People don't like me because of my dad. He's scary and creepy, so I'm Scary and creepy. I am pale, ugly..." I bite the inside of my cheek. I look down on my arms. I feel pain at my wrist even though I don't cut...

"So your dad is like the Loki of your whole family?" She asks. "If your dads not wanted, excluded, dark and creepy, but did nothing wrong most of the time. Then yeah." I say smiling. She makes a weak smile then says, "yeah, uh all that but has done something all wrong." I laugh a bit. "That's normal, all the gods and titans fight stupid. All of the gods are guilty for  something." I say. She shakes her head smiling.

"So you have powers? Is that why it got really cold when you got angry?" She asks. "Yeah. I could uh, raise the dead, crack the earth. I could detect metal, but not as good as my sister... Um I could banish someone to the field of punishments and the place gets really cold... Kind of shadow travel... I'm burly getting the hang of it. " I explain-ish.

"That's cool. I could shape shift... And turn mist things into weapons... " she says. "That's cool. I would like to turn into a deer, or a fox,... Or a wolf." I say smiling to my self. "You would be a black deer. That would be pretty and cute." He says to me.

She gets up and and walks to her shelves. She grabs something then comes back with a bag and a clay figure. Its a deer. "Now I know what color to paint this." She says. "You didn't know what color goes with deer's?" I ask. "Shut up stupid. It came to ms in a dream... It was just a plain deer in the end, and something told me to wait." She explains.

The rest of the night was just talking about our experience with monsters and feeling alone with this stupid parent  problems...