Chapter 36

{Omniscient}
Atlanta, Ga

Imani, Nana, Adrianna, KJ, BJ, Nazir, Sierra, Ashley, Shad, Asia, Tammy, Jabari, and Kayla all sat in the hospital waiting room.

They had gotten here a little over a hour ago and since it was 4 o'clock in the morning and they were sleep it took them a while to get there.

"Family of Armani Walker" the doctor walked out with the clipboard and everyone immediately stood.

"Yes I'm her mother" Tammy said walking up to the doctor who nodded.

"Well she was just sleeping. She's awake now and would like to see you" the lady smiled and Tammy nodded.

"Nazir, Adrianna, Ashley, and Asia come on" she followed after the doctor.

"Hey baby" Tammy smiled as soon as she walked into the room, she had tears in her eyes at the sight of her daughter.

"Hey ma. Hey y'all" Armani smiled sitting up slightly, one arm was broken and she had stitches in the other so she couldn't move to much.

"How are you" Adrianna asked her.

"I'm good, my arm killing me tho" she shrugged and they nodded "did they say anything else about Marquise" she asked and they shook they heads no.

"I'm sure he's gonna be ok" Asia nodded grabbing Armani hand.

"Right" Ashley co-signed nodding.

"Yeah" Armani whispered not fully believing that as she felt the tears well up in her eyes.

"Why is you crying" Nazir mugged her sitting down on the couch.

"Shut up" she laughed wiping the tears from her eyes, she may hated her brother sometimes but he always knew how to make her laugh when she needed it the most. Even if it wasn't his intention to make her life, his rudeness always made her laugh.

"You talked to Granny Mary or Pop" Armani asked looking at her mama.

"Neither of em answered they phone" Tammy nodded sitting in the chair next to the bed.

"Well imma go see Marquise" Armani announced sitting up from the bed.

"Girl if youn sit yo ass back down" Tammy pointed her finger in her face making Armani sigh.

"Ma I'm good. They told me ain't nothing wrong wit me other than the fact that my arm is broke, i got stitches and i had a minor concussion" Armani shrugged and her mama looked at her as if she was crazy. Which she was.

"Lashay if youn sit yo ass down" Tammy warned her and Armani huffed before laying back down in the hospital bed.

Being here brought back memories for Armani; when she lost her dad and her grandma she never was a fan of Hospitals. Now she might even loose Marquise.

"Knock knock" Ida; the front desk lady who helped Armani get to Marquise room walked in.

"Hey, you found anything out" Armani immediately sat up but hissed when pain shot through her broken arm, Tammy instantly looked at her and helped her sit up slowly.

"Well he was shot twice, once in the stomach, and once in the shoulder luckily the one in the stomach only grazed him so nothing too major. But they will have to keep him here for a few days and once he comes home make sure that he's strictly on bed rest nothing else, let him up only for the bathroom twice a day for 30 minute therapy so there won't be any stiffness" she concluded and Armani nodded taking in all the information.

"He also had to go into surgery to get the bullet removed from his shoulder, so that'll leave him in a arm cast for a while. Overall tho he's gonna be fine and out the hospital in no time" Ida said smiling making Armani smile slightly. As long as he was ok, she thought.