1

"Ms. Evelyn." I glance at the maid who calls me, she was holding a tray. "Dinner's ready." It's been three days and I still haven't eaten anything.

"I don't want to eat." She said ok in response and immediately leave. The moon was bright and the skies filled with stars that sparkling. The cold breeze that hugs you.

"Miss, I'm afraid for your health it's been three days and you haven't eaten anything. You might collapse if you continue this."

"Then good, maybe if I got sick my parents would be worried. Let's see if they still see me as their child."

"Miss."

"You can now rest, it's already late. Just nag at me tomorrow morning, ok?"

"Yes, Miss. Good night."

"Good night, Nanny Frida." she hesitate to leave but I smiled at her and she nod. I watch her as she closes the door and I look again at the book I'm holding right now.

I'm currently reading the book 'To Meet Again'. The Male and Female protagonists are childhood best friends and both of them have secret feelings for each other.

A typical story Yes, but you will be hooked once you started reading it.

But before they confess their love to each other the female protagonist leaves the Erden Empire. And after how many years they met again and did exchanged letters, confess their love, and later on, they got married, and they lived happily ever after.

I wonder if happily ever after really exists.

To meet again is a really old novel by Ms. Johannes and if I'm not mistaken there are only three copies left, the other copies of the novel are already burned. It's a shame that this masterpiece was not read by others.

I glance at the clock and It's already midnight, July 11 my 18th birthday. I greet myself as I stare at my own reflection in the mirror. I tried to smile genuinely and it looks creepy as fuck.

Last night I packed my clothes, I'm leaving this house right now. Wish me luck if I can survive without them. As I step out of my bedroom and wander around, the Mansion is quiet the maids are already sleeping and the guards are nowhere to be found. I'm lucky that I manage to leave without being caught, it looks like luck was on my side, no?

I was amazed outside even at night there are many people. I buy foods and drinks I enjoy being free for the first time. But I was hit by a car, it happened very fast. I can't breathe properly, I can't move my body, I was coughing blood... my vision is blurry and I can't hear clearly.

Finally, I already feel pain, so this is the feeling ahh, thank you. I might be crazy because I'm still thankful even though I was hit by a car... that I still consider luck was really by my side. Goodbye Mother, Father, and I'm sorry Nanny Frida for leaving you without saying goodbye.

And later on, the pain didn't last as I close my eyes.

(✖╭╮✖)

-IAmRoseee