28

"I heard you still want to learn how to wield sword." I look at Sir William. His Majesty was I the training grounds today so I thought he was with him.

"I greet Sir William. Please don’t look at me like, but I do how to protect myself." he raised his eyebrows and shake his head.

"Really? Don’t worry I won’t laugh if you said you’ll back out once you saw how I do train the Imperial knights."

"But I won’t."

"Hmm. I’m here because His Majesty was wondering if you are already done."

"Yes, and I was about to eat lunch."

"Great let’s go now, the emperor was already waiting for you in the garden." I nod and followed Sir William. It was a bright afternoon, clear blue sky, the scent of flowers and the cool breeze, Ahh this is the best time to take a nap under a tree.

"I greet His Majesty the emperor." I bowed my head.

"Go and sit, Shanara, Sir William."

"Thank you, Your Majesty."

"You see it was a great afternoon. I really wanted to relax but those useless nobles, they do love digging their own grave." He said it with a smile on his face. He really wanted to capture them because we already have evidence. But because the twin’s birthday was already approaching, he let them for a moment.

"Should I take care of it secretly?" Sir William held his sword then the emperor glance at me.

Eh? Why is he looking at me?

"No. Let’s do eat now."

"Thank you for the food."

"Ahh Shanara I almost forgot; did you already find Raven Bram’s Uncle?"

"Yes, and unfortunately he died two years ago. I did some background research to them Dwayne Campbell has a daughter named Celestine I didn’t know the exact reason but they were banished and live in the outskirts of this empire. They move to the capital after a month and an accident happen. Based on the investigation when Celestine was away it happened that a thief break inside their house and stole jewelries then his father got killed when he was confronting the thief."

"And what happened to the lady?"

"Well, when the prince from Erden heard about the incident, he immediately gets Celestine and she was now the currently Crown Princess."

"I wonder what happened to the original Crown Princess." Said Sir William and the emperor nod.

"I sent the letter telling him the bad news and I still haven’t receive his reply." We stayed at the garden longer enjoying the view and after that they go back to the training grounds and I to the emperor’s office.

It was a quiet afternoon in the office while I was busy doing my work, I do feel someone was watching me. I gather the papers and ready to run when I heard a loud laugh outside, I opened the window and there I saw the emperor.

"Your Majesty please stop scaring me."

"I’m sorry, but your reaction was kinda cute." I offered my hand and he held it and finally stepped inside. "You are too focused in reading and I didn’t mean to scare you; I was surprised when you notice me."

"Are you done training the new knights, Your Majesty?"

"Yes, I’m tired."

"Please rest for a bit, I’ll fetch some water."

"It’s fine, I will drink some when we arrive at the dining hall."

"I think I cannot join you in dinner I’m still full and I need to finish this."