32

"Good morning, My Lady." When I opened my eyes, I was a bit surprised when I saw them standing near the door. They immediately move when I get up, they already heat the water for my bath and ready the dress that I'm going to wear.

"My lady, your breakfast is ready and the emperor said that after you ate you need to go to His Majesty's room."

"Thank you." I take a bath first and ate my breakfast while eating I feel that the maids keep on glancing at me. "Yes, what is it?"

"Forgive us for our impudence, but My Lady did we already meet before?"

"Someone asks the same question, maybe I just look like someone you know. Actually, this is my first time here in Erden."

"Ah yes..." I smiled at them and finish eating. Then they take me to His Majesty's room, I knocked."Your Majesty it's me Shanara."

"Yes, please do enter." I curtly bowed my head and greet him. He's sipping tea and sitting near the window, looking at the clear sky. "Have you already eaten?" the emperor looks at me and I nod.

"Yes, how about you, Your Majesty?"

"I'm also done. Join me." I nod and sat in front of him. I held the teacup and smiled because of the fragrance. "We will leave later. I ask the prince last night to where we could buy some gifts for the twins. We'll go there first."

"Yes." After I tried to drink the tea, I pick the deserts next. It's delicious! "Your Majesty?" I put down the cookie I was holding, and he was watching me the whole time.

"It's nothing. You don't like the dessert?"

"No, I like it."

"Then as much as you can."

"Y-Yes." Before we depart the emperor had a small talk with the imperial family first. We did buy toys, books, and foods that the twins will love. And after we shop, we didn't waste a second and immediately leave. I was alone in the carriage and watch as we crossed the border until I can't see it anymore. I don't know why but it saddens me.

When we are traveling His Majesty was already taking care of some documents and I was a bit amazed when I saw the piled papers on our table.

"Shanara look, I'm really doing my best at wielding the sword." I stare at the twin who was holding wooden swords. I smiled when they keep on showing it to me how they attack the knight there.

"I'm also learning how to wield a sword and Sir William is the one who is teaching me."

"Woah, you two were amazing! The princes are surely working hard."

"Thank you, it is because want to go on this year's hunt with you."

"Yeah, and we will dedicate it to you." I just smile at them, I don't them to be sad but the emperor won't allow them to go with us. It was a sunny day when the council came back to the palace. They are already getting impatient; the council members already want now want to meet the Lady that caught the emperor's eyes.

"Your Majesty!"

"Who is that, Lady? Your Majesty, you need to get married!"

"Your Majesty, please hear us!"

"The Lady is already in front of you," he said in a bored tone and we all looked around and there is no Lady here. Maybe His Majesty is really thinking of an Imaginary Lady.

"Your Majesty, where is she?"

"In front of you." We glance at the emperor with a confused look.

"Wait, why are you also looking at me like that?" the emperor asked me and I shake my head. Then he suddenly stand up and stood beside me, with wide eyes I look at him. "She is the Lady that I'm talking about the one who caught my attention it is Shanara Aytan."