16

I was practicing archery when Melissa said that the Emperor fell into a coma. The palace is a mess and the rumors of My Coming of Age will be postponed.

The Imperial Knights came to our Manor together with Duke Lucretius Falco.

“Greetings Duke Briele, Lady Alesana.”

“I welcome Duke Falco to our Manor.” we head inside the rumors were true, his stiff and handsome.

“So, Duke Falco why do you suddenly visit our Estate?” I asked and he glance at me.

“Ahem. Before the Emperor fell in a coma, he did wish to see the Crown Princess.”

“Then we will visit the Emperor.”

“The Crown Prince also wants to discuss something with the both of you and his expecting your arrival at the palace today.”

“Then we will go, wait a moment I will just change. Alesana, Honey changes your dress.”

“This dress is fine, Duke Briele.” I fake my smile; the duke was also surprised but when I face him, he averts his gaze and cough.

“If you say so.” I really did not pay attention to the Crown Prince but I can say that he's a good-looking man. The Prince's blue eyes are glistening like Sir Leix's eyes while these blue eyes are like mine. The shine in our eyes died... there is no longer sparkle in it. I don't know if it is a blessing or not but I do keep on meeting some good-looking man.

“I'm sure you will receive good news today, Lady Alesana.”

“You think so? Well, I hope your right I'm tired of hearing nonsense rumors every single day.”

“You’re a strong and a kind lady.”

“You do think that? Eventually, you will become one of them. Everyone turned their backs to me and you see me as a strong person will turn into a pathetic and unsightly.”

“I'm ready.” he didn't have any chance to say a word because Papa is already here. We are all silent the whole trip and when we already arrived at the palace, we first visit the Emperor. They leave me alone in the Emperor's room and I was surprised when I see his eyes opened, so they spread that his in a coma but he is really okay.

“It's good to see you here Lady Alesana.”

“Greetings to the great Emperor of Erden, it's a pleasure to have an audience with you, Your Majesty.”

“Why don't you sit here.” Sir Leix and Sir Sullivan are also here.

“Your Majesty I thought your...”

“I'm really sorry for the pain that we've caused to you Lady Alesana.”

“Your Majesty, why are you saying sorry?”

“The Crown Prince confesses that he was in love to Lady Campbell and he does wish to call off your engagement on your Coming-of-Age party. I got angry at the Prince but he still insists he will not marry you.”

“I also don't want to marry the Prince, Your Majesty, I'm sorry to disappoint you. Yes, back then I was really desperate I always cling to the Prince hoping that because of that he will love me. And I realized that I do not really like the Prince.”

“I really want you to become the empress, my wife adores you and her last wish is to appoint you to become the Crown Princess.”

“I'm afraid that her wish will not be able to fulfill.”

“You still haven't called a doctor or Sir Leix to cure your wounds so I called them, I want to see with my two eyes how your wounds will heal. This is an order from the Emperor.”