24

"Then who are you?"

"Right? Who am I?"

"Are you from a noble family?"

"I... I don't remember anything. But I don't think I'm from a noble family, because if I am then why did I ended up there?" I clench my fist and lower my gaze.

"The book you've read a while ago it is written in Ancient language, only the  scholars of Meiller Academy and high ranking nobles have the opportunity to study it. And you, you did read it without a mistake."

Then I made an eye contact with the emperor. His eyes can make my knees tremble. What the hell, this is wrong. I avert  my gaze and i heard him sighed.

"Maybe I'm a scholar? I don't know, Your Majesty."

"Will find her profile in the university."

"Yes, Your Majesty." and when his Guard leave he ordered me to continue reading the book beside him.

"Life is a Journey." As I continue reading it the Emperor who was busy doing his work stop and clasp his hands.

"He died at a young age but the contribution he made to the Empire will not forgotten, and that's the story of the Merlin of Clavis- The history of Great King of Geno."

"You can read fast. That's good, you did great today."

"Thank you, Your Majesty." he continue reading those papers and when he didn't like what he read he will tossed it the floor. "Your Majesty why don't you eat dinner and go to sleep and continue this tomorrow?"

"Then bring me some food to eat here, anything would do. And also bring you food here, eat with me."

"As you wish, Your Majesty." as soon as I closed the doors I sighed. My throat hurts, when I said that His Majesty's is going to eat they immediately prepare the foods. I drink plenty of water and massage my throat. It's aching and when they were done two of the male cooks there helped me bringing the food into His Majesty's office.

"What took you long?" still sitting in his chair with crossed arms. I bowed and greet him. Is he mad?

"I'm sorry, Your Majesty." the two cooks tremble in fear for the Emperor. Is the Emperor really that scary?

"You two why are you still standing there? Ready my food."

"Right, I'm sorry Your Majesty." I helped them to prepare the food and when the two of them leave the Emperor order me to sit in front of him.

"Thank you for your kindness, Your Majesty."

"Right." he said that in a boring tone and started eating. He just eat a little and watch me as I eat. Your making me uncomfortable Your Majesty!

"Your Majesty you should eat more, what if you get sick? You are the sun, The pride of this Empire. You rule this Empire so you should be healthy all the time."

"Tell me, what will you do if you found out that you have a family, friends... A lov-." He stop and he crossed his arms. A lover?

"Maybe I will hear their explanation and I will decide if I should forgive them."

"Hmm."

"Your Majesty, may I ask something?"

"Yes?"

"Why are you like this to me?"

"Like this? What do you mean?"

"After you save us you ask me if i'm willing to be your Personal Maid. This is my first day serving you, you haven't order me besides reading a book and now I'm here sitting in front of you. Eating together, You the Emperor and me a mere servant. What if I'm a hired killer? It's just the two of us here."