15

I stayed longer in the bathroom after I get to dress the maid said that they still want to talk to me. They were silent when I came down. What now?

“What do you want to talk about? I want to sleep already.”

“It's just why did you sleep outside? It's cold what if you catch a cold?”

“I can handle myself. And how you were worried about me is useless.”

“Alesana-”

“Duke Briele.” everyone was shocked. “You and Duchess Briele together with the Crown Prince, Sir Morri, Sir John, Lara, Mellissa, Duke Hart, and The master of Ordeal tower everyone in this Estate can continue ignoring me.”

“Honey were-”

“Duke Briele please let me finish my word first. You're not ignoring me? Tch I can't continue this I will go to my room now.”

“Honey.”

“I'm sorry if we are too excited that we forgot you. We do not intentionally do that.”

“That's right Duke Briele you are too excited to get rid of me. I knew you heard those rumors, ‘they have an heir now so they can now abandon that useless daughter of Briele.’ ‘You heard that the announcement of Duke Briele's daughter and the Crown Prince engagement will be next week I can't believe she's not suitable for that position.’”

“You haven't checked me for months; you didn't even ask me if I'm mad at you. What I feel, if I heard the rumors. You don't love me at all because if you do then you will do something about those rumors but it is still circulating here. While on the other hand, I thought you two are my friends but you also choose to ignore me. I called everyone but no one came... even you Sir Leix. I thought you understand me it looks like I'm wrong.”

“I hate all of you. Now I said it, Haha.” I cried while saying that feel my pain. Always remember how you ignore me and how I hated you.

Papa held my arms that make me flinch. Under these sleeves are cuts that I've made and it's still fresh. It's too late to snatch my arm because papa already saw my arms and because of that Mama suddenly lost her consciousness.

I snatch my arm and roll my eyes.

“What are you doing to yourself Alesana?” Papa cried but I'm still facing them with a blank face.

“And?” my face turned to the right when Papa slaps me. My eyes get blurred. “And now you're hurting me.”

“A-Alesana I didn't mean to hurt you. I was-”

“Tch.” I glance at Mama's belly and I face them with I smile on my face. “I hate that unborn child because of that my life became miserable, and because of that baby, my hate will remain. And every time you will see that baby you will remember this.” I bow to them and walk out there and fall asleep that fast. I woke up late and still locked myself in my room.

They knocked several times on my room but I didn't answer it. Days passed and the birthday of Crown Prince came. They dress me and when I saw myself in the mirror I frown.

“I hate it, I don't like this dress.” I cannot hide these bandages but It's beautiful, perfect. “The disappointment in their eyes when they see me, Ahh I can't wait.” as I expected when people saw me, they're silent but it cannot hide their disappointment from me.

“I was looking forward to what will I heard this time, but I guess you really did work fast you made them shut their filthy mouths. As I expected from high-ranking nobles.” I clapped my hands that made people stare at me. "Thank you."

“Please Alesana stays silent for a while.” tsk.

“Greetings To the Crown Prince of Erden, we wish you a happy birthday.” we bowed.

“Thank you.” and after that, the Emperor announced our engagement. Everyone claps their hands, tch plastics!

“Ahh, Lady Alesana I'm happy that I've met you again. I was really amazed at how smart you are, you will be a good empress.”

“Thank you, Your Majesty.” he looked at me and smiled, he chooses to ignore the bandages.

“Your knowledge and talents will be a great asset to the Empire, please take care of my son.”

“I will Your Majesty.”

“Love him more, I assumed you still liked him, right?”

“You right Your Majesty I can't wait to get wed to the Prince, it's my dream after all.” Lies. Lies. I want to vomit.

“Thank you, Lady Alesana. Ares, why don't you dance Lady Alesana?”

“Yes, Your Majesty, Lady Alesana may I have this dance?” I look at his hand and smiled before I took it. The people in the ballroom clap their hands when we started dancing.

“Your Highness, I wish this is the last time what you will dance with me,” I said with a smile on my face and he nodded.

“Your wounds are they now, okay?”

“Yes.”

“I wish you should take care of yourself more.”

“Yes, Your Highness."

"And a request while you’re talking put a smile on your face.” we smiled and laugh even we do not really enjoy the dance.

“I see you two are both happy.” I nod. “Continue shining Lady Alesana. I'm now at peace that this Empire will be soon in your hands, Ares protect and love her support each other and God will continue to bless the both of you.”

“Yes, Your Majesty.” we both said.

“That's all I'm sorry if I'm leaving early.”

“Blessing to the Emperor of Erden, Your Majesty. May the Lord God continue to bless you, thank you for your words.” He smiled at me and when the emperor is now gone, I stopped smiling.

“Thank you, Lady Alesana.”

“Yes, Your Highness.” I bowed and leave him; I walked toward my parents and bowed a little. “Duke Briele, I do wish to leave now.”

“But the party just get started.”

“If you say so then I will leave alone.”

“Alesana waits, Ok we will leave now.” we approached the Prince and bid our goodbyes.

“Thank you for inviting us to your birthday, we will leave now,” I said and he nod.

“The Imperial knights will guard you until you reach the Dukedom. Have a safe trip.” and he kisses the back of my hand.

“Thank you, Your Highness.” They watch me walk confidently leaving the ballroom. I'm tired. We are all silent inside the carriage they don't dare to say a single word and I'm thankful for that.

“Good night, Alesana.”

“Hmm.” In the past I will say my Good Night with a kiss, I bowed and go straight to my room. There are a lot of letters from other houses inviting me to a Tea Party, a letter from Duke Clover and Sir Morri. I tossed them inside the trash without reading it. And ordered Lara to burn all the letters that were sent for me.

“My Lady do you want to go outside? The weather is nice and warm.”

“I will go to the garden please do ready the tea there.”

“Yes, My Lady!” I bring my books with me and go to the garden, My Coming-of-Age party will be next month. I can't help but to laugh when I connected all the dots.

They will announce our engagement on the Crown Prince's birthday, and we will call off the engagement before my Coming-of-Age ceremony because Celestine will now graduate. Sir Calixto will graduate next month too.

The arrival of The Crown Prince lover and the sudden call of engagement before my Coming of Age. I can't wait.

(︶︹︺)

—IAmRoseee