38

"Welcome back Your Majesty, Lady Shanara." The maids and knights were all lined up and welcomed us as we get down on the carriage. We finally arrive at the palace after such a long trip.

I look at Sir William and we bow to each other. Then suddenly His Majesty intertwined our hands. I smiled when he squeeze it and kiss it before calling Sir William.

"William."

"Yes, Your Majesty."

"Tell Ainah to go into my office."

"Yes, Your Majesty. Blessings to the Emperor of Orion." I watch Sir William's back, then I felt His Majesty tap my hand.

"Come on you need to rest."

"And what about His Majesty?"

"I need to discuss the preparation for our engagement ceremony first, and I need to check the pending works. I'll just see you in the dining hall later."

"If Your Majesty is going to work then I also have to do my work."

"You need to rest I know you are exhausted and maybe after having a good rest maybe your memories will get back... slowly." I stared at him and he asked why but I just shake my head.

"Then I will rest now, thank you, Your Majesty." He smiled and nodded. I closed the doors and the maids knocked. They help me to wash and change my clothes and after that, I lay down on my bed and stare into the ceiling.

I remember the conversation we have and I just can't help to get angry about what happened to her. Angry and at the same time sad for her why does she need to suffer from that... why do we need to experience this?

And what If I am actually Alesana? What should I do? Will I be able to forgive them after hearing all of that? I want my memories to be back.

I was drowning myself in questions when someone knocked.

"My Lady, May we come in?"

"Ah Yes." They bowed their heads and started to prepare my dress.

"Let's now start My Lady?"

"Yes."

If I remember it correctly his Name was Leix, right? Is he certainly unable to help me recover my memories? We already consult this to the imperial sorcerer back then but he said that my memories will be back on their own. And he can't do something about it because if he forces it my memories might be gone forever.

"What are you thinking so deeply, huh?"

"Huh?" I look at the Emperor and my eyes widened, I immediately greet him and he laughed.

"I'm a bit hurt that the lady's focus was not on me."

"Forgive me, Your Majesty, I didn't mean to be occupied in front of you." I stared at His Majesty when he extended his hands. I hesitate at first but I hold it and then a smile creeps on our faces. "I was just thinking about the sorcerer that they've tried to summon, just wondering if he can't really help me."

"Don't force yourself, let's just wait and those forgotten memories will be back."

"I genuinely like His Majesty's hand." He smiled and gently squeeze it.

"Because?"

"Because it was the person who offered his hands and save me, even give me comfort. I was truly delighted that I met you, thank you for existing Your Ma- no... Altemere." I stared at his jade-colored eyes as his hair was softly swaying in the air. "Thank you for everything."

That night I was thinking deeply if I should just let go of my forgotten memories because I will be getting married soon.

"How's the preparation?" I heard the Emperor ask Miss Ainah.