25

"Greeting to His Emperor, Your Majesty." As soon as I woke up I immediately go to His Majesty's room but I meet him halfway.

And last week His Majesty promoted me. I'm now his secretary. At first I hesitate because I don't have any proper education but His Majesty said that he trusts me plus Sri William will help me.

"Oh, Shanara. Be ready I will go to the capital for and inspection you will going with me."

"For what Your Majesty?"

"Did I forgot to tell you that the Festival will be three days from now on. Because the Pink full moon will show again, look forward into it."

"Yes." The Emperor get inside the carriage and he move his hand telling me to get inside.

"This is your first time going to the capital, so don't get excited, You might get lost." I just nod and look outside. Everyone is busy and when we arrived at the plaza, I was behind His Majesty as he inspect everything there.

There are vendors who give foods to His Majesty and everything went well.

"Here taste it." My eyes widened when he gave me a cotton candy.

"Thank you, Your Majesty."

"Make sure to double the security. Made action if you found supicious things or a person."

"Yes, Your Majesty."

"Very well." I watch the emperor talking to the incharge of the festival. I look at Sir William and he was observing the place behind His Majesty.

"We will get back now."

"Yes, Your Majesty." I opened the door of carriage and bowed my head when he get in after that I immediately get inside.

"What do you think of the capital the upcoming festival? The pink moon only appears every five years, so everyone is excited."

"Well the decorations for the festival was amazing, the food too and the people everyone was excited. I think the capital will be always lively even though there is no festival."

"Your right." Then my smile faded when an arrow passed in the window. I immediately look at His Majesty and my eyes widened.

"Haa." I shake my head, the arrow didn't hit the emperor.

"Are you hurt?" I shake my head and he smiled. Why is he not panicking, when my heart was pounding so fast.

"Your Majesty are you alright?"

"Sir William catch the culprit!" I step outside the emperor tried to stop me but I am determined to catch him.

I look on the building where they hide to shoot the emperor. The knights started to surround the carriage. People started to gossip some of them run to hide but many of them stayed.

"There!" Then Sir William pointed a man who wearing a cloack. He started to run and the knights started to catch him.

"Shanara where are you going?" The emperor who stepped outside held my arm to prevent me from running.

"We need to catch him."

"William and the knights can do it, I won't allow you to put yourself in harm."

"But you are the one who was..." I gulp and stare at the hand who was still holding me. "Your Majesty..." we stared at each others eyes for a moment and both look on his hand.

"I'm sorry. Ahem, it would be better if stayed inside the carriage."

"Yeah..." then His Majesty got in first and offer his hand.