39

The next day as the continuation of our Engagement Party, His Majesty was going to hold a tea party. It was supposed to be a three-day celebration but I told him to cut it and just make two days. I'm still not comfortable being surrounded by such esteemed guests but I'm glad they are all approachable and nice.

"Hey, Shanara why don't you join them and make friends?" I look at where His Majesty pointed his finger. There is a group of noble ladies there that was talking, since the party started I was just beside him. I really don't want to leave his side I'm still a bit scared. "You will soon need ladies in waiting so I think it was the best to choose right now."

"Uh... I'm shy."

"Don't be, it was them who needs to be shy. Go on, I'll be here when you need me."

"Okay. But I will not stay there for long."

"I do not think so, if you happen to enjoy their company you might stay with them until the party end. If that happens that would be great." I nod at him and take a deep breath before I stand up. I hesitate to leave our table but I still did it and when I look back once again His Majesty gently smiles at me, so, I continue walking and I was a bit surprised when some ladies started to approach me.

"My Lady, I am Myra daughter of Viscount Stan."

"I would like to greet the Lady, Please to meet you I am Alice daughter of Count Valdes!"

"My Lady, why don't we chat over our table?" a composed lady asked me. the ladies that were eager to introduce themselves to me stepped back and give way to these two ladies in front of me.

"Join us, it will be fun."

"Yes, I would like to join."

"That's great!" When I look back His Majesty was still looking at me and nod his head. I smiled at him and follow the ladies to their table.

"Everyone Lady Shanara is here to join us." I saw how their faces changed and it was an awkward one. They must not want me to join them I just made a wrong move.

"W-We greet the Lady."

"It was a pleasure to join the ladies."

"It was on us, My Lady. Again, Congratulations again on your engagement to the Emperor."

"Thank you." They made a small smile and offer a seat for me. We were exactly six at a table and since I arrived they made sure that I would notice that they look uncomfortable so I need to leave the table. They also didn't bother to introduce themselves...

"Ah, My Lady. The party yesterday was fantastic, you look so pretty."

"Thank you, May I ask for your name."

"It was Harley, My Lady."

"Lady Harley... Thank you for having me here but I still need to greet the other guests."

"Yes, if you are done please visit our table, and let's chat."

"I will do that, then ladies thank you I will take my leave now." I did greet the guests at every table and I receive warm smiles from the Emperor's Vassal, friendly smiles from the guests of the neighboring empire, and awkward smiles from noble ladies. I knew it, they don't like me.

Honestly, I do not know what is true and fake.

"Shanara, I told you to make friends why are you greeting the guests, huh?" I look at His Majesty and shake my head.

"I don't know how to start a conversation, and I want to thank the guests that make it to our Engagement party." He stares at me for a second and sighs. He held my hands and massage it; it was nice and comforting.