14

All of us go sit in the car, I sit next to Michael and lean on his shoulder. And since the car could sit seven people, we chose the very back seats.

"It's going to be okay." He whispers in my ear, his hand holding mine on my thigh.

I nod, tears forming in my eyes.

The car ride was silent. I shared my earphones with Michael as I was close to him, close enough to feel his chest rise up and down.

We walk into the room. Fuck I hated hospitals.

"Hey grandad." I say, hiving him a hug. His body was so thin now. He looked awful. He had lost all the hair on his face and head, he was a pail as a ghost and was so fragile.

"How are you dear?" He asks.

"I'm good thank you. How are you feeling?"

"I'm alright. A bit tired and sore though but that's from the chemo. Are you enjoying Sydney? Done anything exciting?"

"Its nice. Much warmer than New Zealand. Michael and I came into town last week on the train and stayed over one night."

"Ooh I know what you mean." He winks.

"Not like that." I say looking at Michael, both of us went red."As friends."

"Oh right right."

We talked for ages, about life and other exciting things, before we decided that it was time for us to leave.

"We might be back up another day." My Aunt says, hugging him.

"Alright then."

We all say good bye and decide to head to get Mc Donalds on the way home since it was late and Mainly everywhere was closed.

Michael and I sit at the back, eating our food and listening to my music while he was hand feeding me chips. It was alright.

We arrive home and head upstairs. I head into my room and change, shuting the door behind me.

I didn't notice he walked in until I turned around. No shirt. No pants.....

"Michael!" I yell, "wait outside." I said, hiding my large body behind my dress, that I was holding in front of me.

"Sorry, but you don't need to hide from me."

"Michael you don't understand I-"

"Shh" he says, his finger over my lips. "You're beautiful Nirvanah I really mean it."

"But-"

"But what?"

"I'm huge. My stomach, my thighs, my arms, everything."

"Your imperfections make you who you are. Yes you think you're huge but can I just say that you are beautiful Nirvanah."

"Can I get changed please? Can you wait outside i'm sorry it's just-"

"I'm sorry I should've knocked. I Knew how insecure you felt."

"Hey its okay. I'll call you in when I ready." I say. He leaves and I get dressed.

He comes back in and sits on the bed next to me.

"You okay?" He asks.

"I'm worried about him."

"Hey its gonna be okay." He says, pulling me in for a hug and I nuzzle into his warm chest, the smell of cologne hits me.

"Can you stay with me.. Please?"

"Sure." He says as I lie down next to him.

"You're so nice to cuddle." He says getting closer.

"Thanks." I say as he puts his hand around my large torso and stares into my eyes.

"Its going to be okay" he repeats as I drift off to sleep on his arms. It felt amazing. For the first time in ages I felted like someone actually loves me. And i'm so glad its Michael.

The last week, Michael has made me feel so much better. I don't know how but he has. And I sorta feel like I'm talking him away from Jake, I mean, Michael and I, we're just friends.

But I want to be MORE.