69

I stood up and walked up over into the middle, just millimeters from the edge.

I looked down and took a deep breath.

"Bye Mikey." I whisper as I fall backwards off the bridge and land in the water as everything goes black.

"You're fat, just look at yourself, no one would date a girl like you."

"You're so beautiful Nirvanah"

"Yeah well, you were a mistake. I was an idiot and didn't buy any fucking condoms."

"Bye beautiful. I'm here for you."

I woke up to the smell of disinfectant and the sound of beeps.

I was in the godamn hospital. I sit up in the bed and look around.

I jumped off the bridge into the water.

Should I not be dead?

Who would've found me?

"Miss Reeves, you're awake, how are you feeling?" A nurse comes in and asks.

"Shit."

"Yeah, you had a nasty fall."

"How did I get here?"

"You were found down by the park where the river flows, it was suspected that you fell off the bridge about 200 meters before the area where a woman walking her dog found you."

"I didn't fall, I jumped."

"You're telling me you attempted suicide?"

"Oh nah, I did it for a laugh." I say sarcasticly.

"Well is their anything I can do? Contact family or friends? Therapy?"

"I'm not back to dads."

"Do you have grandparents?"

"Sydney."

"Aunts? Uncles?"

"Sydney."

"Friends?"

"Don't have any."

"Boyfriend?"

"Sydney."

"Well why don't you want to go to your dads?"

" we had an argument. He was drunk and he said a whole lot of shit that you don't need to know about."

"Okay, well we also found self inflicted wounds on your skin while we were getting you here."

"Yeah and?"

"I was also wondering if you were needing maybe to speak with a dietitian."

"And you asking me this because?"

"Well, you're rather large for your age."

"Thanks for fucking reminding me."

"Look. We need to contact someone to come and take you. We cannot discharge you due to the fact you've attempted suicide and have self inflicted cuts. So who do you want to pick you up?"

"I don't have anyone"

"I'm happy to drop you home after some blood tests if you wish."

"Okay I guess." I sigh.

"Okay. Just remember I'm here for you." She Smiles leaving the room.

After my tests and getting discharged, The nurse called Francesca dropped me home, where I snuck up to my room and checked my phone to find I had a text from Michael.

[Mikey]

U k? Ur not answering my Skype call.

I sigh as I get into bed, not bothering to reply.

I look up at the ceiling.

Moments later, my laptop went off again, Michael wanting to talk.

I answer and he looked so worried.

"Are you okay?"

"What do you mean? I great" I lie.

"How come you Aunt just rang me, saying she got a phone call from the nurse saying you'd been in hospital? They got her details through your last name."

My eyes water and I start crying.

"Babe, what happened?"

"I tried to kill myself okay?!"

He gasps and his face goes white, his eyes start to water.

"Babe why?"

"Because ,I'm sick of being alone mikey, skyping you isn't enough, school is hell, my dad said I was a mistake and wishes I was never born, you can't do anything about because you're across the fucking ditch Michael!"

"That's it, I'm getting on a plane and going to see you."

"You can't afford it, plus you have school."

"I'm doing for you, i'll let you know when I'm a on plane, then could you meet me at the airport."

"Okay mikey, I'll see you soon." I smile as we finish our Skype call and Mikey hurries to get to the sydney airport to see me.