71

I woke next to Mikey, his arms around me as he slept like a baby. Memories of last night came to my head as I pulled myself closer.

"Morning Baby." He says as he wakes up.

"Shit!" I say "School." It was already midday.

"Don't worry babe." He says sitting up.

"What do you want for breakfast?"

"I don't mind."

"Is cereal okay?"

"Yep."

I get up and put on some pants and a hoodie, Michael putting on some pants and a shirt before we walked downstairs to get breakfast.

Dad was long gone, probably out doing his own thing hopefully won't show up for a few days, or at least not intoxicated.

"What shall we do today?" I say sitting down at the table next to him.

"You said that you wanted to loose a bit of weight, we'll write up a chart, buy some good food and get you on track."

"Okay" i say, continuing to eat my breakfast.

After breakfast, the two of us cleared out the cupboards before heading to the store.

An hour or two later, we came home, put the food away and set up a diary.

"Okay." He said. "What's your current weight?" He asks.

"Uhh I'm not sure, I'll go up and weigh myself, you stay here."

"No, I'm coming with you."

"But-"

"Babe, I know you don't like me knowing this stuff but if you really want to loose weight."

"Okay" I sigh.

We walk up to my bathroom and I get out the scales before closing my eyes and stepping on.

"What's the number?" I ask, my eyes still shut.

"321." He says.

"Shit." I say, tears threatened to spill from my eyes.

"Hey." He says, his voice calm."We can get through this, I'm here to support you okay?"

I nod as I put the scales back.

We went back down the stairs and sat back down.

"Now, what do you want you ideal weight to be?"

"Well, I don't want to loose all of it, because I know I couldn't, and i'd like to be under 290 so 250, 260."

"Okay." He says, writing it down. "What physical activities are you good at and enjoy?"

"I like bush walks, Biking, jogging is okay."

"Okay, now what don't you like?"

"Running hard out, aerobics and stairs."

"Have you tried swimming? Its really good, and you don't get as puffed as you'd be if you were running."

"I guess we could try."

"do you have any sneakers?"

"Nope." I say, popping out the P.

"Well, we'll go buy some then go for a walk aye?"

"Alright." I smile.

I felt a bit better I guess, that I was doing something about my problems. It may take a while or a year, but I'm willing to do it to feel happier and love myself a lot more.