17

It was dark, early and something was going on. I could hear My aunt and uncle talking on the other room.

"Should we wake them up and tell them?" I hear my auntie's voice say.

"Okay then." He says back.

A few seconds later, the light turns on in the room of three beds, one I was sleeping on, one Michael was sleeping on, and the one jake was on.

I sit up, pretending I had just woken up. Which I hadn't.

"Nirvanah," I hear my aunt say, her eyes red and her face tear stained. "Grandad h-hes past away."

My heart stopped, tears forming in my eyes.

"Come here." She says, giving me a hug. I cry into her shoulder.

All of a sudden Michael wakes up.

"What's going on? Are you alright Nirvanah?"

"Her grandfathers past away." My aunt says.

"Oh no!" He says as he comes over by me.

"Well, we have to go to the hospital so Michael, I'm leaving you encharge." My aunt says to him.

"Sure." He says as he gets up close to me, trying to put his arms around me.

"Don't bother trying to put you arms completely round me, I'm too-" I whisper

"No you're not" he says to me, as I cry as the thought of my grandad sinks deeper and deeper.

He held me tight. My head on his shoulder.

"Shhh..." He whispered in my ear, calming me down, rocking me back and forward. It worked actually. I slowly stopped crying but still I was clinging onto him.

I laid down properly in my bed and he lays my side, his arms still around my large torso.

"I love you." He mumbles to me. "It's going to be okay. He isn't in any pain anymore like he was in hospital."

I nod. "I-i know."

"You're beautiful." He says. "The most beautiful girl I've ever laid my eyes on."

"But how can I be? Just look at me."

"Nirvanah, you are beautiful. 100 pounds or 1000. No matter what."

"And since when did guys like you have a thing for fat girls huh?"

"Ever since I laid my eyes on you."

"You think this is attractive?" I whisper. "You think that I'm attractive when I probably weigh twice as much as you."

"Size dosen't matter in a relationship. It never has. And it never should." He says.

"But you don't understand how awful I feel about myself. How my dad looks at me every night because he doesn't cook and we end up having burger king or something. What its like to walk the halls at school and have people tease you because of the size of your jeans. What its like to look in the mirror and nearly throw up at the sight of your body. No one understands Michael. It's not easy. Even if you got caught me with at school, they'd start teasing you." I whisper.

"I want to help you overcome that. So you can look in the mirror say 'wow, I don't actually look to bad.' So you might weigh twice as much as me. That's not it going to stop anything."

"I guess." I sigh.

"You're beautiful."

"I guess."

"Beauty doesn't matter on the size of you jeans. It comes in all shapes, sizes ,colors and flaws. You shouldn't have to change for anyone."

"But what about the doctor? He's always got something to say."

"Has he said you're close to anything health problems?"

"No. He said he was just looking out for me."

"Well screw him. Screw anyone has something negative to say about your body because can I just say its amazing."

I smile. "Thanks Michael." I whisper.

"All goods darling. You want to get some sleep?"

"Yeah." I say, wiping away the tears. "Please stay here though."

"Anything for you." He smiles as he gets in under the covers next to me, his body close to mine.

I turn to face him and he pulls me close.

"Goodnight darling."

"Goodnight." I say to him, as I fall asleep to the sound of his heartbeat.