66

I woke up on Monday and got ready for my first day back to school.

It was fairly obvious i'd gained weight over summer as my once loose uniform was now fitting me properly and a bit tight in places.

I walk out the door, my headphones in, playing Nirvana's 'Negative Creep'.

I had gotten a text from Michael.

[Mikey]

Good luck for today, don't let the haters get to you or i'll sort them out babe. Don't be afraid to say something back. Stay strong princess and i'll skype you when I get home love you xx

I smile as I get onto the bus and sit at the very back.

I arrived at school half an hour later and headed to my locker.

"Someone got fat over summer." Grace snickers as I turn around.
"Oops should I say Got fatter." She laughs.

"What do you want Grace?"

"Just came to check on you fatty, make sure you haven't died of a heart attack yet."

"I'd shut up if I were you."

"Why should I?"

"Because Karma will come back and bite you in the ass."

"Whatever." She says as she walks away.

I head to the office to get my time sheet thingy, people whispering and giggling as I waited in line.

I got it and headed back to my locker before getting ready for a long day in hell.

I went to my first class and sat at the back on my phone before class started.

People walked in and sat down, saying hi and hugging each other as if they haven't seen each other in a billon years.

A while later, the teacher walked in and sat at her desk.

Mrs Murphy was my favorite teacher. She was strict but fair. She was always asking me how I was and gave me extra credits for extra jobs and tutoring I did.

As I leave the room after class, I stop and say a quick hello.

"How was your holidays Nirvanah?" She asks.

"Amazing."

"What did you get up to?"

"I stayed in Sydney the whole time in fact."

"Awesome! What did you do over there?"

"Well I met a guy. His name is Michael."

"Aww are you together?"

I nod.

"See, I told you you'd find someone." She smiles.

Mrs Murphy and I had a lot in common. She was about 26, she had the coolest taste in music and understood what it was like being the biggest in class.

"I know. I just really miss him."

"Aww. I'd love to meet him one day."

I smile.

"I'll see you later Miss."

"Bye Nirvanah."