Chapter 6

Whitney had thrown up three more times on the ride home and is now passed out on the couch with Henry looking over her while Westin and I discuss in the kitchen how to get here to talk once she wakes up.

 "I say we just ask her point blank. No beating around the bush." Westin starts out. 

"I agree but we need to reassure her that we are there for her or else she will just shut down." I add.

 Westin looks distraught as he glances back in the direction of the living room. 

"Something bad must have happened to her. She doesn't drink often and when she does she has always been able to manage it." he voices. 

"I know and she told us she had to catch up on work tonight right? Yet she was at the club." I speak not knowing what to think. 

"How much do you think Henry knows? I mean he was just as confused as you when Whitney called right?" I question.

 "He knows enough." Westin scuffs out, frustrated by Henry's inability to key us in on what was going on with Whitney.

 I'm opening my mouth to reply to him when Whitney walks in moving extremely slow.

 "My head is killing me. Where's Tylenol?" she questions not bothering to say hello to us. 

Wes sighs and then moves to get her some medicine from the cabinet while I get her a glass of water. 

"Take this." I whisper, handing her the glass at the same time Westin gives her the pills.

 She gulps down the pills and water and then looks at us saying "You are probably wondering what's going on?" 

Wes and I exchange a look before answering "Yes." 

"I can't do this right now." she voices turning around to head back to the living room. 

Wes and I chase after her sitting on the couch across from the one she's now at with Henry.

 "Whitney...Whatever happened..you can tell us?" I inform her. 

"Yes, we love you and we just want to help you." Wes adds on. 

Henry rubs her back assuringly causing Whitney to sigh loudly. 

"I'm a homewrecker." she cries out. 

My eyes widen at her confession. 

I glance over at Westin who looks equally as shocked by her outburst. 

"Elaborate." he manages to say though. 

"I.. I've been seeing this guy for a while now, Jace. I flew to LA to surprise him since we originally weren't gonna get to see each other again until Thanksgiving since I'm at Columbia and his company just moved their headquarters to LA. However, to my surprise I found him in bed with his wife. I had no idea he was married." Whitney pauses looking extremely sad and hurt. 

"I mean that's bad but it's not like you knew he was married so what's the big deal?" Westin questions. 

"Well, the wife took all of her frustrations out on me instead of her husband. She threatened to expose me if I didn't pay up." Whitney reveals. 

"A scandal like that could ruin your brand deals." Westin voices and I whisper "That explains the money then." under my breath but Whitney hears it. 

"Yeah, I knew if I withdrew most of the money in my account that mom and dad would get suspicious so I needed to use some of y'alls so that they wouldn't suspect anything." she confesses.