Chapter 36

The sound of shuffling and moving of bags causes me to peak my head into the guest room that Obie has been staying in.

 "Hey." I voice softly making my presence known. 

He looks up from his bag to meet my eyes. 

"Hi." He replies. 

"So, you weren't here last night and now you are packing. Are you leaving?" I question in wonder. 

"Um yeah. I already spoke with your parents, but my mother is letting me move back in. She thinks I'm on her side. You no longer have to play 'sugar momma' with me." He jokes at the end with a smile. 

"But I like playing sugar momma. Also, I didn't realize you hated staying at our place so much." I joke as well.

 I mean he's beaming like a Cheshire cat.

 You would think moving back home is the best thing that's ever happened to him. 

"I'm just happy right now that's all. You and your family were wonderful host like always." Obie explains. 

"Okay, well do you wanna drop all this stuff off at your place togther and then head to school?" I question. 

His eyes widen slightly at my suggestion. 

"I'm good. I've got it all handled. You just worry about yourself and go to school without me." He smiles.

 "Umm okay." I state unsure of his response. 

I start to leave the room, but he catches up with me and squeezes my hand lightly.

 "Thank you for everything Willow." 

"Sure." I state shrugging my shoulders and leaving the room for good.

The car ride to school today was a little bit lonely with it just being me.

 Westin is still having morning practices since the team made the playoffs, Monet was busy this morning, and ever since Max, Aki, and Audrey started their throuple they always go to school together. 

Obviously I'm on the outs with Julien right now but one thing that I could count on most days since Obie started temporary living with us was our rides to school together.

 With him moving back that's ending, I guess. 

I'm pulled out of my thoughts as I receive a notification, Julien is going live. 

Rolling my eyes, I decide to watch it out of pure boredom. 

She wants people to block Gossip Girl... of course.

 If she thinks this will fix us, she's so fucking wrong.

As soon as I get to school, I'm on a search to find her.

 Luckily it didn't take long as it appears Monet is also laying into her. 

"What I did? You were the one who sent in tips on all your closest friends and family like a modern-day Dan Frumpy or whatever, and I'm the one getting called out?"

 "It's Humphrey. But Monet is right. You don't get to say 'block Gossip Girl' and suddenly everything is over. All problems solved. No, you still played a major role in the fuck show that is my life right now and until you can actually take accountability for that then we have nothing to talk about." I chime in.