Chapter 26

I push my way through some people so I can meet back up with Julien and Luna at the bar. 

We are at Dumbo celebrating my first full week back at school. 

I had stepped away to use the restroom but now I'm back.

 "Monet's "Who Wore It?" Tik Toks are now officially a trend called "besting."" Luna says. 

"She does look good." Julien replies as she hands me back my lemonade. 

"Are you really going to keep pacifists while Rome burns?" 

"I'm taking the high road. There's no such thing as a one-sided war" Julien voices. 

"Tell that to the Romans." Luna scuffs. 

"Willow, come on you have to agree with me." Luna continues.

 I shrug my shoulders, "Sorry, I think Jules is doing the right thing. I just want us all to be friends again." I grin, knowing my response would annoy Luna. 

She playfully rolls her eyes at my response.

 "What the hell are they doing here?" I gasp noticing Obie and Grace walk in. 

"Obie! And Grace. It's so nice to see you." Julien cheers. 

"Is it?" I question under my breath. 

"Were at our usual spot if you wanna join. Feels like forever –"Julien starts but Obie cuts her off.

 "Actually, we're just gonna go hang by the bar." Obie guides Grace away from us and I turn to Julien with a very pissed off expression. 

"Why are you talking to him?!" 

"Willow, Obie is still a part of this friend group. He's also your brother's best friend, like come on." She tries to explain. 

"No, no, and no. Do you not remember literally all last semester?" I question. 

"Well, yes. That's exactly why I'm trying to make things good between us again. I messed up in Hudson." Julien voices.

 "He's dating Grace." I simply state. 

"And? I don't want Obie like that anymore." Julien questions still not getting it. 

"Grace.. Grace has a sister. Her name is Natalie, Remember her?" I raise my voice a little. 

"Grace is not Natalie, Willow. I mean that's like assuming I'm just like my dad." Julien reasons.

 She's not wrong but she's also my best friend. 

That should be enough to not want to engage with Obie and Grace.

 Right?

 "You know what, whatever. Fuck it." I state grabbing my things and exiting Dumbo quickly.

 "What the hell?" I hear Julien voice to Luna.

"I mean, I'm not the problem here right?" I question to Aki.

 I've been on a thirty minute rant about Grace, Obie, and Natalie and Aki, god bless him has been all ears. 

"No, no. Definitely not. Your feelings are valid." I smile upon hearing that. 

"But so are Julien's" My smile drops instantly. 

"Now, you finally see what I mean when he tries to play Dr. Menzie." Audrey chimes in from her spot on Max's couch.

 "Look, Julien is Julien. So, to her this about trying to regain an old friend. Grace just happens to be a by-product of that friendship." Audrey reasons.