Chapter 30

"How do you like the tea?" 

"Oh, it's great. Thank you." I reply. 

"I just wanted you to know that the Bergmann's as a whole support you during this trying time." Helena voices.

 "Oh. Um thank you. I appreciate that." I speak, while nervously moving a piece of my hair behind my ear. 

"Of course, you have been a family friend for years and it just really hurt us to know that you yourself were hurting. If there is anything we can do, please let us know." She continues. 

"Yes." I smile politely.

 "So how is your father and mother?" she questions.

 "They are doing as well as they can right now, you know?" I chuckle slightly, trying to get rid of the awkward tension in the room.

 "Ahh, wonderful. I need to call them soon, perhaps dinner, even. I'm curious if your dad is inquiring on any new hotels as of late. Do you happen to know?" she asks.

 Weird. 

"No, I don't stay up to date on his businesses unfortunately."

 "Yes, that would make sense. I suppose. I will just have to call them" she smiles sweetly at me.

 Come to think of it, I don't know if I've ever seen this woman smile in person.

 Our conversation is interrupted as we hear the front door opening. 

"A moment." She tells me as she gets up from her seat. 

"Otto? Ottos, is that you?" she questions.

 I follow her.

 "Hello, mama." I hear Obie's voice before I see him. 

"Hello." She greets once we come face to face with Obie...and Max, Aki, Westin, and Declan??

 "What are you doing here?" I question at the same time Helena and Obie question "What are you doing here?"

 I almost laughed to myself at the situation. 

It reminded me of that Spiderman meme with the three Spidermen. 

"I invited Willow over for some tea." 

"And you know, Heidi said that you guys were in town, and I- I just missed you a little bit." 

 Helena hums at this. 

"So I hope it's okay that we came up." Obie continues talking.

 "Yeah, Yeah, yeah. More than okay. Why don't you take your usual rooms upstairs, Akeno and Westin?"

 "Thanks." Westin smiles. 

"And you, Max and um—" she struggles. 

"Declan." I voice quietly. 

"Declan, you all can take Heidi's old room, for nostalgia." Helena suggests to which Max, Aki, and Westin snicker. 

Gross, his and Max's wonderment of Heidi.

 "Obie why don't you join me in some tea as well. Willow, thank you for coming. I'll call you later."

"Yeah, thank you for having me. I'll stay a little bit longer with the boys if you don't mind."

 "Yes, please. Stay." She smiles warmly before directing Obie away from us. 

"Why the fuck are you here?" Westin pulls me aside as everyone heads to their room.