Chapter 81

Double Weekend Update so please read chapter 80 first,  if you haven't yet. 

"This is going to be the party of the year and you my friend are so lucky that I have invited you here to check out the venue just days before it." Kennedy voices cockily from beside me.

"It's the party of the year yet you have yet to inform me on what exactly we are going to be partying about, also we've already been here before what else is there to check out?" I question as I look around the now empty club that she had my welcome back party at.

It sure does look different in the middle of a workday.

The same club that is going to host her, Julien, and Monet's fashion show in just a few months.

"Yes, we've been here before, but have you met the owner? Didn't think so." Kennedy scuffs as she moves ahead of me.

"Ken, seriously? I'm spending my lunch break on this." I whine as I trail after her.

"It's a good cause! Trust the process." She says over her shoulder at me.

With an eye roll I continue following her as we make it towards the back of the club where the offices and VIP rooms are.

We approach a door to which she knocks twice on.

I hear some shuffling on the other side and groan of sorts before a tall man with daunting eyes opens the door.

"Ahh, Kennedy. I was wondering when you would show up." He voices.

"Pleasure seeing you V-Veer." She struggles to say his name which causes me to lift an eyebrow in question at her.

"And you are?" the man asks turning his attention to me.

"Willow." I answer, extending my hand to meet his.

"Nice to meet you." He hums.

"So, do you two like what you've seen. We can shift some of the furniture around and we are already working on that drink menu you sent over last week." Veer explains.

"I love what I see! I think you and your team are doing a wonderful job, truly." Kennedy replies in a deathly sweet tone.

What the hell is wrong with her today?

"Veer, may I ask what are we celebrating? Kennedy here has yet to inform me." I smile at Veer hoping he'll crack.

He looks at Kennedy hesitantly before looking at me.

"I wish I knew but this one" he pauses to point at Kennedy, "Runs a tight operation. I'm just providing the space and the drinks."

"How kind of you." I sigh.

"Well, we are going to take another look around, but I'll stop back by before we leave." Kennedy informs Veer.

Kennedy takes my arm and drags me off before I can even wave goodbye to Veer.

"Bitch?" I say as she finally releases my arm.

"Ken, seriously what is going on?" I question now as she gets out her phone that is ringing in her purse.

Looking at the caller ID I ask another question, "Priya? I thought you weren't talking right now."

"Shhh!" she hushes me as she sends the call to voicemail.

"Don't speak of her out loud." She instructs.

With raised hands I nod my head indicating that I was listening to her command.

"Yes, I'm not speaking to the bitch still. Just please don't say her name out loud especially here." She informs me.

"Why not here?" I ask with a puzzled look.