Chapter 56

"Aww you all look wonderful!" Mrs. Kim beams as all the girls lean in for a group photo.

My cheeks are beginning to hurt from all the photos we are taking.

Not to mention my arms are growing cold taking pictures outside.

Kennedy had leant her apartment to the group for pictures before the Snowflake Ball.

Her balcony is huge and has the perfect view of Upper Manhattan thus making the best backdrop and most suitable place for us to get pictures before the ball.

Mrs. Kim and Mr. Kim were unofficially hosting the event since they brought in one of Mr. Kim's photographers to do our pictures.

Mom and dad are in Paris visiting Grandma Lily and the rest of the group's parents are also preoccupied.

I must admit it's kinda cool and downright cute seeing the Kim's take over as everyone's parents for these past thirty minutes.

"Okay, honey why don't we switch out and let the guys go now." Mr. Kim voices saving us from the cold.

"Aw, okay, I wanted a few more." Mrs. Kim replies.

"Thank fuck, I've got to use the restroom!" Audrey announces running past us back into the apartment.

Laughing lightly at Audrey, Kennedy and I head back inside to warm-up a little bit.

Kennedy freezes though once she sees who just walked through the front door.

"Priya." She speaks, after a couple of seconds of thick silence.

"Kennedy." She responds.

"Had no idea you had guests." Priya snarks.

"Huh, really? Because I told your assistant after you went to voicemail for the fifteenth time in a row. And Monica never slips up, so you know. Unless, oh my god are you developing Alzheimer?" Kennedy fires.

"Very well. If you'll excuse me, I'll go introduce myself briefly." Priya states with a pointed look.

"Ken-" I try but she stops me by pointing a finger in the air and storming over to the large body mirror that hangs in the room surrounded by fake greenery.

She looks at herself not once, not twice, but three times in the mirror.

She analyzes herself carefully before tucking a piece of hair behind her ear and smoothing out her dress.

"Have you gained weight duckling? That dress looks awfully too tight." The sweet (so sweet it was almost sickening) voice of Priya rings out causing both me and Kennedy to jump a little in startlement.

We hadn't heard her come back inside.

Sadness appears in Kennedy's eyes, but it's quickly replaced with anger.

"It's two sizes below yours ma, all the ones in your closets are loose. I didn't think they would fit me, them being loose an all." Kennedy answers with just as sweet of a tone.

"Is that so? That's a first." Priya remarks before venturing off into one of Kennedy's many rooms.

"I don't want to talk about it." Kennedy voices before I even get a chance to open my mouth.

Begrudgingly I follow her back outside.

"Ahh there you are! Was starting to think you got too scared and flaked out on me." Monet grins seeing Kennedy.

"Why would I ever be scared of you?" Kennedy scuffs.

"I'm so excited for you to meet my date at the ball." She continues.