Chapter 37

"Come on Willow, drink this please." I hear the voice of Max through my dazed-out state.

 I shake my head in confusion, "No." I mumble. 

"Willow, you need to drink this." He tries again. 

"If her parents see her like this, she's gonna be dead." I hear Aki say. 

Hearing that helps me get my head on straight as I motion for Max to bring me the glass of water.

 I clutch onto the glass as I take slow sips. 

"My head hurts." I whine in a whisper. 

"That's a given." Audrey retorts.

 "And the room is spinning." I continue. 

"Willow, just keep drinking the water." Audrey states sounding annoyed. 

"How much did you have to drink?" Aki questions more gently. 

I raise four fingers and say, "Whiskey is really strong." 

"It is, yeah?" Max chuckles. 

"You drank just straight up whiskey?" Audrey questions.

 "That sounds disgusting." She continues. 

And suddenly I feel disgusting.

 Feeling the whiskey make its way back up I quickly get up from the barstool in my kitchen and move to the trashcan letting everything up. 

"Oh, god." Audrey grimaces as Aki holds my hair back and Max rubs circles on my back. 

"You did so well today!" I hear the voice of my mother.

 "Yeah, and Coach Matt just gets hotter every year." I hear Whitney joke. 

"Whitney, shut the hell up." Westin replies, most likely with an eye roll. 

"Shit." Max whispers as I'm still puking up my guts.

 Their footsteps get louder which lets me know they are only a couple of feet away from the kitchen. 

I try to be done but more just keeps coming up. 

I hear Aki and Audrey shuffle around to stand at the entry way of the kitchen, blocking me from my family's view. 

"Hi. Mr. and Mrs. Bass." Audrey begins. 

"Hey, Westin, Whitney." Aki chimes in.

 "Hi. To what do we owe you two the pleasure of stopping by our home?" dad questions.

 "We wanted to congratulate Westin on the big win! Making it to the third round of playoffs is epic." Aki cheers. 

"Thanks man." Westin voices.

 I stand up and Max hands me a mint.

 "That's awfully sweet of you two but where's Willow?" mom questions. 

"And what is that smell?" Whitney asks.

 "I'm right here." I shyly voice and move to go stand next to Audrey and Aki. 

"I accidentally spilled my takeout everywhere, so you probably smell that." Max voices from beside me. 

"What the hell were you eating for it to smell like that?" Westin questions. 

"We have a thing, so we are just gonna go but it was lovely seeing you Mr. and Mrs. Bass. Whitney. Westin congrats again!" Audrey speaks as Aki and Max follow behind her. 

I see Aki signal to Westin to check his phone, most likely filling him in on me via text. 

"Alright, well I need a shower but once I'm done, I can whip up some dinner." Mom smiles leaving the kitchen while dad and Whitney head into the living room.