Chapter 69

Double update so read chapter 68 if you haven't already please! 

"What we would really like is a large ocean scenery piece. Money isn't an issue as I'm sure Ruth has told you." One of our clients recites to us.

"That's something that we can do for sure." Liam nods his head in understanding.

"Yes, I can provide a mockup by Thursday and then we can make slight adjustments once you have seen the mockup?" I suggest.

"That works just fine. Thank you so much." Our client smiles in appreciation.

"Great, I'll walk you out and we can talk more about scheduling." Liam stands to walk our client out.

I get up as well, cleaning up the conference room since she was our last meeting for the day.

I'm counting down the days till we can move into our own office and art studio space instead of renting this one out for the next few weeks.

Ruth McGee was so impressed with me during my internship that she decided to keep me on as an apprentice throughout college.

Junior year I became an official salaried employee and during the last semester of my senior year she asked if me and Liam, another employee that had worked his way up and shown great promise if we would open a New York location of her art gallery and store.

Despite the location, it was an amazing opportunity that I would be dumb to turn down, so I said yes and here I am, back in New York.

I'm hoping that managing this location can give me all the necessary tools to open my own gallery and one day museum.

"Nice work." Liam smiles as he comes back into the room, helping me put some of the supplies up.

"You did pretty well too." I smile in return.

"Well, I've always said we make a good team." He grins playfully.

"Yeah, you have." I agree.

"How was your flight yesterday? And do you like your place so far?" I question.

He had some last-minute stuff to take care of in Paris, so he got to New York a bit later than planned.

"Long, the guy next to me kept having to get up to use the restroom." He grimaces.

"Sorry to hear that." I laugh lightly.

"What about you though, how have you settled in?" he questions me.

"I've settled in quite well. It helps that I'm living with my friends though." I answer.

"And I get to meet one of them at dinner tonight, right?" he questions.

"Yep, Julien." I confirm with a soft smile.

"Well, I can order a Lyft if you're ready?" Liam suggests.

"Yeah, let's go." I state now that the conference room is fully cleaned.

"Julien, Obie, this is Liam." I introduce them all.

"Pleasure to meet you." Liam smiles shaking their hands.

Obie helps Julien into her seat while Liam does the same for me.

Julien discretely looks at me following that gesture.

"It's great to meet you! Willow has talked about you quite a lot." Obie starts off the conversation.

"Yeah, I'm so glad she was able to find a good friend while in Paris." Julien adds.