Chapter 71

Please read chapter 70 first, if you haven't. :)))

Willow's POV:

I'm going to kill Otto Bergmann IV.

I'm standing in the middle of a crowded JFK expecting to see Heidi and instead I'm greeted with Declan Kim.

Fuck.

"Willow.." Obie sings into the phone.

"What the fuck do you want Bergmann?" I voice grumpily into the phone as I check some work emails.

"Who pissed in your coffee this morning?" he chuckles.

"Anyway though, Heidi is coming in town, and I was supposed to get her from the airport, but something came up for me and Jules so if you could please do me this huge favor and pick her up. I'll treat you to dinner once I'm back in the city later tonight?" he offers to try and get me to do the favor.

"Why am I being called upon to do this for you? None of our other friends were available?" I question with a loud sigh.

"Oh, come on Willow, you know Heidi loves you the most out of our friends." He voices.

"No, she loves Max and Westin the most, probably because they are the only men who will sleep with her pathetic ass." I state while continuing to respond to some emails.

"No offense." I add at the end.

Obie and Heidi had just recently over the past year been able to mend their relationship.

He was holding out for his mom but once she forgave Heidi, so did he.

"None taken." He laughs to himself, knowing how Heidi can be.

"So going back to my original question though." He starts once his laughter dies down, "Will you pick her up from the airport? You'd only have to be with her for like thirty minutes max." he tries to convince me.

After taking a loud dramatic sigh I speak into the phone, "Fine. What time do I need to be there?"

So..Heidi coming back was a complete lie.

And I fell for it.

How embarrassing.

There's no way for me to get out of this.

He's looking at me.

Surprise in his honey-brown eyes.

And I'm looking at him.

Okay.

This is fine.

I can do this.

I place a welcoming grin on my face and move towards him.

It feels like I'm looking at a stranger.

I haven't seen him in four years.

Four years.

God, that's a long time.

Despite this wave of unease, a glimmer of familiarity breaks through when he says, "Hi, Lo."

I thought I had forgotten the raspy and charismatic sound of his voice but the moment he closes his lips after saying my nickname, the one he gave me, the one no one else uses but him, a million little memories flood back to me like a shock of electricity.