Chapter 32

Willow and her outfit:

"Tonight's prospects are all awful, Dumbo has never been this dead bef- I'm interrupting. Sorry" I state apologetically, realizing that I just interrupted Obie, Aki, Westin, and Declan's conversation. 

 "No, Willow it's fine. I could actually use your help." 

 "Oh, okay, yes, that shirt with those bottoms was a mistake." I grin knowing Obie would get annoyed by that. 

"I was not referring to my outfit but thank you for your unnecessary input." Obie sighs. 

"Well, you asked for my help." I shrug my shoulders with a light chuckle.

 "Yes, I did." He sighs again.

 "I found a way to get the project manager to speak to me. So, look, I know that my mom cut me off, right? But y'all are the only ones who know that. So, I left a message saying that I've been asked to be their go-between and hopefully, she takes the bait. You think this will work?"

 "I mean yeah, just please be careful. You have a tendency to act before thinking." I tell him.

 "I knew it would work bro." Westin smiles encouragingly. 

"Thanks, you inspired it." Obie grins. 

"Looks, like I'm back to being the best Bass child." Westin smirks at me.

 "You wish." I scuff.

 "Come on Declan, I think it's time you spend some time with Monet." I smirk, oh this will send Westin into a spiral. 

"Lun, Mo." I greet once we make it to them. 

"Hey." They both reply as we take our seat across from them.

 "So this is Dec-" 

"Declan Kim." Luna answers for me.

 "Hi, nice to official meet you two." He greets warmly. 

Suddenly Zoya strolls over with two drinks for Luna and Monet. 

"Hey.' She offers but Monet replies with a "Who cares?" 

I hide my laughter by pretending to look for something in my clutch. 

"I told you there was stuff in your request. Look. They're offering you a partnership." Luna voices, handing Monet her phone to see. 

"Mango? They'd offer that a partnership, they're so desperate." Monet states, referring to Zoya who rolls her eyes. 

"She's joking." I offer to which Zoya gives me a light nod.

 "I told you, I can't reach the next level." Monet looks somber at saying that. 

"Monet, relax. Good things are sure to come your way." I advise.