26.

•••

•••

Shots rang out, the loud popping sound muffled by headphones.

The twins stared at the compass in shock and disbelief. "This was our father's."

Her finger pressed down on trigger.

"I'd die before I'd let anyone hurt you!"

The bullets sped through the air, making an hole in the target ahead.

"Tell bean I love her so much. And I love you bird, even if I didn't always act like it." The twins listened to the tape, "I'll see you on the other side."

She uploaded the gun with more bullets with ease, bring the gun back up to shoot.

"You're going to be alright, okay?" Sage whispered to her brother, his head laying in her lap as tears strolled down her face, "Just stay awake for me."

The shots rang, her not even blink has the loud sound went off.

"I want to be you and John B's legal guardian." Ward suggested to her with a welcoming smile, "If you'll let me."

The target vibrated as shots hit them, the bullet punctuating it with ease.

"You guys we're going to be rich!" Kie exclaimed. "Full Kook! Full Kook!" They all chanted as they smiled so hard their cheeks hurt.

More and more bullets hit the head of the target.

"JJ." Sage choked back a sobbed as she looked at the bruises covering his stomach.

She pointed the gun down, towards the chest.

JJ pushed her gently onto the bed, his hands finding her waist. He kissed her neck, "I love you." He said into her neck. Sage hands found his hair, tugging it gently as he played with the hem of her shirt.

Bullets pierced the targets chest, empty holes forming.

"Ward killed our Father!" Sage froze hearing those four words.

"W-What?"

She pulled the trigger with such ease, feeling comfort with the power.

"No!" John B cried into Sage's shoulder, both of them kneeling in the muddy cave that once was filled with gold and their future.

Her grip tighten around the gun.

Sheriff Peterkin fell to the ground, blood seeping through her shirt, "No!" Sage screamed as Rafe rounded the corner with gun.

In her mind the target changed from paper, to specific people.

"Sage they're after you too. It's say you were an accomplice. Apparently you handed John B the gun."