29.

•••

•••

"This is the north drain." JJ pointed to a pipe. "It should've gotten washed into the gully."

They decided to get the gun as proof for the cops, them now planing how to retrieve it from the sewer.

"So if it got flushed out from this drain, it would've been pushed out to, like-," JJ gestured to the marsh in front of them.

"Somewhere in this trash." Pope finished for him.

"Correct."

"Oh my god. People who use plastic should be shot." Kie muttered.

"Geez harsh much Kie?" Sage asked.

"Personally, I love plastic. Use it everyday. Love the stuff." JJ stated.

"K well hopefully you recycle it and don't let it flush into the ocean." Kie said.

"I thought you'd say something like that so," Pope held out a black roll, "Trash bags."

Sage smirked, "did you just proactively protect the environment?" Kie asked.

"Maybe." Pope answered.

"You want us to leave you two alone? Or-," Pope threw the bags harshly at JJ to shut him up.

"Jesus honestly marry him Kie." Sage said making JJ looked at her. Popes cheeks darkened a dark red in embarrassment.

"Why?" JJ asked.

"Because he already knew what she was going to say and is trying to make the situation better for her." Sage told him, "#Perfect Boyfriend."

She grabbed a bag, walked away to start picking up the trash. "Perfect Boyfriend bull shit." He mutter under his breath.

After cleaning the garbage and not finding the gun they threw their bags onto solid land. "We'll that was fun." JJ said sarcastically.

"If it's not in the trash then it's gotta be somewhere in the storm drain." Pope told them.

"It's in- it's in the drain." JJ stated in annoyance.

"Damn it!"

"Of course it is."

"I'm going in." Sage stated.

They all looked at her, "What?" Pope asked.

"You know that in the sewer, there's this worm that you get when you're down there." JJ told her, "it gets into your blood and then it has to come out your pecker."

"I don't care I'm going to get it." Sage said, "Unless one of you boys want to."

"First off we're men," JJ correct, "and 2nd, nah we're good you can go."

"I'll go with you." Kie said. Sage looked at her and nodded.

Kie and Sage scoffed. "Males are such babies."