Chapter twenty- Cop down

3rd POV

Sage and John B woke up the next morning on the dock. They were too tired last night to go back to their house.

"Morning." Sage said to her brother with a smile. She felt closer to her brother, even though they were already super close.

"Morning." John B said sleepily. He rubbed his eyes as his face expression changed from tired to panic.

"What?" Sage asked. "What is it."

He looked at her. "We've got to go now." He said grabbing her arm, pulling her up.

He ran to the car, Sage right next to him. They got in and John B started the car and drove off.

"What's wrong?" Sage asked confused.

"Ward. He knows where the gold is." John B said making Sages eyes widen.

They got to the place and got out and they both saw the sign. The house was for sale. John B and Sage looked at each other and ran and hoped over the stone wall.

They ran threw the yard and John B stopped short making Sage stop.

"No, no." John B whispered looking at the wheelbarrow. Sage looked at noticed the label. Cameron Development.

"Shit." Sage muttered running toward the basement door, John B following.

They went in and went to the well. They looked at each other and nodded. John B started to slowly climb down the well.

Sage followed down until John B reached a hole in the well. He climbed in, Sage followed. She looked around.

"Was this where the gold was?" Sage asked panicking, trying not to scream and cry. She watched as her brother urgently dug through the dirt around.

"No, no. No! No! No! No!" John B yelled out hitting the wall. Sage went up to him and kneeled down next to him.

"Hey," Sage exclaimed as she hugged him. "It's okay. It's okay." Sage whispered to him as John B yelled out.

Sage held him as tears rolled down her cheeks. The only way to for them to live a good happy life was now gone. Because of Ward Cameron.

Anger flared through Sage as she realized everything was his fault. Her family could have live happily if it wasn't for him.

Why did he need the gold? He's the richest man in outer banks. He didn't need it. But he took it. He took away from people who actually needed it.

"Sage?" John B asked noticing the anger radiating off of her.

"He doesn't need it. He doesn't deserve it. I'm gonna find him." Sage said walking towards the hole to get out of the well. John B walked in front of her, stopping her.

"No, no. Don't do that, it's not safe." John B said. "There's no point in fighting now."

"Move." Sage snapped.

"No you have to calm down." John B said. He tried to hug her put she pushed him back.

"No!" She yelled. "He doesn't need it! We do! He doesn't deserve it! He ruined our life! If he didn't kill dad we wouldn't be running from the DCS! And the only way we could stop running and live a happy life is with gold and he took it from us!" Sage yelled.

"Maybe you had the right idea killing him. I'm gonna go kill him." Sage said. John B looked at her, partly terrified.

Sage started to walked out but John B grabbed her to stop her knowing if he didn't things would get bad.