Chapter eleven- Promise

3rd POV

Sage ran to the first place she could think of, looking behind her every 5 seconds. She arrived and saw one person that made her sigh in relief.

"Hey you okay?" Pope asked her, seeing how scared and how heavy she was breathing. She looked at him. She ran to him and crashed into his chest as she a cry.

"They came, and, John B," She stumbled out, making Pope look at her with panic. Sage was supposed to be angry at JJ and Pope but she couldn't. Not right now were they were the only ones she had right now. Beside Kie.

"Hey, hey," Pope said looking her in the eye as he pushed her hair out of her face. "Breathe." Pope said trying to calm his best friend down.

She stared at his brown eyes and calmed down, breathing normally.

"Cheryl, our social worker came and she was with a deputy and John B tried to escape with me and the deputy pinned him down and John B told me to run. I did." Sage said with guilt written all over her face. "They took him and I ran."

Pope looked at her in shock. He had been with John B not even an hour ago. He wrapped his arms around her.

"It's okay, we'll figure it out." Pope said, but really he didn't know what to do. Pope felt lost. Sage hugged and him back until she saw a car.

"Pope." She whispered seeing Topper trough the window, Rafe right next to him in the passengers seat. Topper looked be on pissed.

Pope looked at grabbed her hand rushing her inside. They ran to JJs house. JJ was in the back with headphones on, shooting his gun at a teddy bear.

"JJ!" Pope yelled.

"What was that?" JJ said to the teddy bear as he fired the gun again.

"JJ!" Pope yelled again.

"That's what I thought man." JJ said making the two get annoyed.

"JJ!" They both yelled grabbing the attention of JJ.

"They know." Pope said.

"What?" JJ asked taking his headphones off.

"They know." Pope and Sage said.

"All right, chill, guys. All right? They don't know shit." JJ said calmly which made Sage pissed.

"We saw Topper and Rafe sitting in their car glaring at us ok? So don't tell us they don't know because they do!" Sage yelled.

"They posted outside of Heywards and mad dogged me." Pope said panicking.

"Will you calm down and get a grip guys. They don't know shit." JJ said not worried.

"They have cameras okay. They saw him. I told you this would end badly and look where we're at now. And do not tell me to calm down cause I've had a pretty shitty day. If you tell me to calm down one more time I will make that pretty face not so pretty." Sage threaten him, angry at the entire day she had.

JJ cleared his throat and tried not to talk about how she called his face pretty, knowing she'll punch him in the face.

"There was no power? How could they have seen you?" JJ asked Pope.

"It's Figure Eight. They got generators." Pope said. "They don't give scholarships to kids who vengefully sink boats."

Sage want to say I told you so, but she remembered she didn't warn Pope about that, she only thought it. And besides it would help right now.

"Enough with the regret bro!" JJ yelled shutting up Pope and grabbing the attention of Sage. "They caved your face in. They beat You and Sage. They hit us, we hit them. It's the law of the jungle."