Chapter seventeen- Blind old bitch

3rd POV

It soon turned to night and Sage, Kie, and Sarah were still on the boat. They haven't talked much. Kie and Sarah were both taking hits from the blunt, while Sage ate food.

"Would you rather, I was imagining you two like this just now," Sarah started, definitely high. "It was pretty funny, would you ima- would you rather, have nipples for eyes or eyes for nipples?"

Kie and Sage looked at each with a annoyed look. They weren't affected by the blunt. At all. After Sage looked back at the water, bored out of her mind.

"Imagine if you get really old and your nipples, your boobs get saggy, and your nipples, if they were your eyes, you could see if your shoes were untied." Sarah continued, chuckling.

"Is this like your first time smoking or something?" Kie asked, annoyed.

"No." Sarah muttered, clearly lying. "Hey Kiara." Sarah asked for the millionth time.

"Oh my god enough of the hey Kiara bullshit!" Kie said angrily. "Why'd you do it?" She asked making Sage really uncomfortable, not wanting to be in this situation.

"Why'd I do what?" Sarah asked.

"We were best friends." Kie said, "We-we stole beers from your dads fridge, we watched movies together, we cried about boys. And the next thing I know, I'm watching your birthday party happened from Instagram."

"It was one party." Sarah stated.

"You invited everybody except me." Kie said clearly hurt. "And then you told everybody I was the reason that the party got busted."

"Okay well who else would've called the cops?" Sarah asked making Sage try not to smile and laugh, knowing Kie did.

"You never asked." Kie said. "You just let the rumor go that I was a rat. You were my best friend, and then you ghosted me, and I don't even know why! I mean really what did I do?" Kie asked.

"You liked me." Sarah said making the other two girls look at her in confusion.

"What?" Kie asked. Sage was gonna ask the same thing, but decided to stay out of the conversation.

"When, people get, close to me, I feel trapped, and, I bail." Sarah answered. Sage felt bad for her, but also was now worried Sarah would bail on her brother.

"And then I blame them for it." Sarah said looking at Kie with tears in her eyes, "I'm really sorry and I miss you. Do you think there's a chance that we could be okay again? I know that Sage is your new best friend and I'm happy about that. But can we at least friends."

"Well you're right about Sage. She's my best friend and will always be," Kie said softly smiling at Sage who was softly smiling back. "And as for us, honestly, I don't know."

The three sat there in silence until one by one they got blankets and pillows out that the boys left, laying down, trying to fall asleep.

"Hey Sarah?" Sage asked.

"Hey Sage?" Sarah responded still awake.

"Promise me you won't bail on my brother." Sage said. "He really likes you."

"I won't." Sarah answered.

"Promise?" Sage asked again.

"I promise." Sarah said making Sage sigh in relief.

"Ok. Good." Sage said.

"Hey Sarah?" Kie asked.

"Hmm?" Sarah hummed.