Chapter twenty four- The future

3rd POV

Sage ran to the first place she could think of. She spotted the boy and gave a him a smile of relief.

"Sage?" JJ said in disbelief. "W-what? I thought you were gone."

"I can't leave. I can't leave you." Sage said. JJ let of a chuckle.

He walked to her and wrapped his arms around her waist. Sage felt comfort that she hadn't felt in a long time. She wrap her arms around his neck.

JJ held on to her, hoping she would never leave or almost leave again. Sage held on to him, afraid if she let him go, she would lose him.

JJ broke the hug and placed his forehead on hers, with a smile. They stared into each other's eyes.

"Wait so the social workers just let you go?" JJ asked, hands still on her waist.

"Well um, I kinda ran away" Sage said. JJ laughed and placed his head on her shoulder.

"Okay, whatever you have to do to stay here." JJ said grabbing her hand and taking her inside of his house.

He brought he into his room and they both sat on his bed.

"So, how long do you think we have till they come here looking for you?" JJ asked. Sage bit her lip and looked down.

"I don't know." Sage said. JJ looked at the girl.

"Well, we have some time right now." JJ said making Sage smile. She looked at JJ and spotted something behind him.

A mirror. She stood up and walked to the mirror. She never thought she looked like her brother. Until now. Tears formed in her eyes.

JJ walked up behind her and he already knew. He hugged her from behind as a tear rolled down her cheek.

"My life is never gonna be the same." Sage said. She won't be able to move on, wouldn't go a day without think of her twin brother.

"I know." JJ said. He turned her around to make her look at him. Sage hugged him again, trying not to break down.

"Promise you'll never leave me." Sage said to JJ. JJ broke the hug and made her look him in the eyes.

He saw the sadness and pain behind her eyes. He was hurting too, over the loss of his best friend, but he couldn't imagine losing a twin.

"I promise. I will never leave you." JJ said to her. Sage gave him a sad smile. Sage leaned in and gave him a soft kiss.

JJ kissed back, slowly walking backwards until they both fell onto his bed. Sage gave a light chuckle.

They laid in bed, JJs arm around Sage. Sage rested her head on his chest. Sage felt half at peace as she laid with him.

"Can you talk about our future?" Sage asked him quietly. JJ smiled lightly and brought her even closer.

"Well, I thought about where we would get married, and I think we would have a beach wedding." He started making Sage smile.

"And we would be barefoot, because who wears shoes on the beach?" JJ asked. "And by then would have saved enough money for our honeymoon. I would take you to Hawaii. I remember when we were 14 and you wouldn't shut up about how badly you wanted to go."

Sage chuckled. She loved the idea of going to Hawaii. It looked so beautiful in pictures.

"And then we would surf the waves in Hawaii, and have the best honeymoon ever." JJ said.

"What about after?" Sage asked. JJ thought about how there original plan would have to be changed. They couldn't adopt John B.

"Well, um, we would have to boys and a girl. And the boys will be older than her so she had protection." JJ said.

"I don't think we can decide that." Sage said with a chuckle. JJ chuckled.

"We would," JJ started before stopping, not knowing how Sage would react.

"We could, name one of the boys, John." JJ said to Sage. "After your dad, and John B." JJ said pain laced in voice as he talked about his best friend.

Sage smiled light. "I would like that." She whispered.

"And we would teach them to become the next Pogues. They would become best friends with Pope and Kie's kids." JJ said making Sage smile.

"And we would having a happy ending." JJ said. Sage looked up at him, staring at his crystal blue eyes.

She lifted her hand to brush off JJs hair from his face. She leaned in and kissed him. He kissed back.

Their lips moved in sync as JJ moved making him hover over Sage. He broke their kiss and stared at her.

"I love you." JJ said. "So much."

"I love you too." Sage said with a smiled. JJ leaned down to kiss her as someone banged on the front door.

They both leapt up. JJ gave her a gesture stay where she was. He opened his door slightly and looked at the front door.

"Shit." JJ muttered. "It's Shoupe."

Sage felt slight anger rise hearing the name of the cop that basically killed her brother.

"JJ? I don't know if you're in there but if you are I have a couple questions about Sage." They heard Shoupe.

"I have to go." Sage muttered grabbing her bag and open his window quietly.

"Hey." JJ said grabbing her hand. He kissed her. "I'll see you later." JJ said with a smirk. Sage smiled before hopping out his window.

She ran as she heard JJ talk to Shoupe she ran into the wood, not really knowing where she was going.

She was running until she ran full force into someone making both of them fall back into the dirt.

"Sage?" She heard making her look at the person she ran into.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I saw so many comments about wanting me to continue so i am! But there's only gonna be like one more chapter! Hope you guys enjoyed and sorry it's a bit short!