Chapter Nine- The salvage yard

3rd POV

"Pope we're not stealing the drone we're just borrowing it." John B said trying to get his friend on board as the Pogues were in there way to the salvage yard.

"Humans are the only animal that can't tell fantasy from reality." Pope said.

"How can you possibly know that? Who even told you that?" Sage asked.

"Albert Bernstein came up with it. It applies to this whole treasure hunting thing."

"Oh." Sage said.

"So which is it fantasy or reality?" Pope asked.

"Why you so weird Pope?" JJ asked the boy.

"Why are you so weird JJ?" Sage asked the blonde. He gave her a glare with a smile on his face as he shoved her.

"Like you're not weird. Weirdo." JJ said.

"It's fantasy, but possible reality." Kie said, ignoring JJ and Sage.

"Reality." John B said looking at the group then back at the road.

"Virtual Reality." JJ said about to light the joint in his mouth. Pope grabbed one and threw it to the back on the van.

"Keep the signal clear." Pope said making Sage giggle seeing JJs pissed off face. The arrived and Kie and Sage got out of the car while JJ and Pope started to fight.

"Hey don't worry. You got this." John B said to the two girls through the window.

"I'm not worried about myself. No I'm worried about that doofus doing something stupid while I'm not there." Sage said pointing to the blonde that was bickering with Pope.

"Yeah I'm not worried about us." Kie said grabbing Sages arm and pulling her away. They got into Kie parents car and drove around to the front of salvage yard. They got out and purposely flattened the tire before going to get help.

"Hello?" Kie said to the security guard on the other side of gate. "Excuse me?" The guard came out.

"Can I help you two ladies." He asked them.

"Hi! We, umm, we have a flat tire and we were wondering if maybe you could help us out?" Sage said giving him a smile.

"Yeah." The guard said leaving to get his tool box. The girls smirk at each other.

"Too easy." The both muttered to each other while JJ, John B, Pope watched waiting for the gates to open.

"So how's it going with Kiara?" JJ asked John B.

"It's not awkward, weird, or anything." John B said making JJ laugh silently.

"Honestly, I did not think you were gonna actually listen to me." JJ said, "I was 100 percent sure she was into you. Pope would agree."

"Ehh." Pope said.

"What like how you think Sage is 100 percent into you?" John B said, remember the moments JJ would tell him that his sister was into him. JJ and Pope glanced at each other.

"Yeah man, Sage is a 100 percent into me bro." JJ said with a stupid grin.

"Sure she is." John B said not believing it, not knowing about the secret kisses JJ and Sage would have behind his back.

"So like, Kie, she like, definitely gave you the Heisman?" JJ asked, trying get off the subject of him and Sage before the truth slips out.

"Oh no question, yep." John B said.

"Gotcha." JJ said trying not the laugh.

"Maybe she's just into somebody else." Pope said making the other two look at him.