34.

•••

•••

JJ walked quietly into Sage's room the next morning. They all decided to let her sleep until Pope and Kie came back with the boat.

He crouched down next to her bed as John B passed the room. He looked at JJ who stared at the girl. He smiled lightly seeing the look of adoration on the blonde's face. He still loved her and it was obvious.

John B walked off, leaving JJ and Sage alone. "Sage," JJ whispered, bring up his hand to brush her hair out of her face. "We have to go."

Sage's eyes fluttered open, seeing JJ. He gave her a small smile, his hand still resting on her face. They stayed like that for a couple seconds, both wanting to do the same thing but both to scared to do it.

Sage noticed how JJ looked against the sun light that shone through the window. The side of his face glowed, and his eyes a bright icy blue and strands of his hair shining gold against the sun.

She smiled lightly, "What?" JJ asked quietly.

"Nothing."

"I ran to the store," JJ said pulling our stuff from his jacket pocket. Sage looked at them, gauze and bandage wrap. "I figured you would want switch out the plastic wrap for this."

Sage chuckled, going to sit up. She accidentally leaned on her arm, grunting slightly in pain. "Careful." JJ said, putting his hand on the small of her back to her up.

JJ sat next to her on the bed, planning her arm in his lap. He gently unwrapped the plastic wrap, then taking off the t-shirt.

"It's not bleeding anymore." JJ smiled making the girl smile.

He opened the gauze, taking one out. He placed it on her cut. Sage hissed at the pressure, her hand grabbing JJ's foreman. He stopped in worry, looking at her.

"It's okay, sorry." Sage told him, "Just hurts a bit."

JJ went back to wrapping the bandage wrap around her wound. "Sorry." JJ apologized, ignoring how his forearm tingled as she held it.

Once he was done Sage let go of breath she didn't know she was holding. She let go of JJ's arm, it feel missing the warmth as soon as she did.

"Thanks." She smiled lightly.

JJ smiled, "Anything for you."

Sage's heart skipped a beat as Sarah knocked on the door frame. "They're here with the boat. We should go now."

Sage nodded, getting up from her bed. She slipped on a t-shirt over the sports bra she wore as pajamas. She grabbed a flannel, putting over her shirt.

She pulled down her pajamas pants, and ever though her baggy shirt covered her up, JJ cleared his throat awkwardly, looking towards the other side of the room until she had pants on.