38.

•••

•••

"So Sarah just dips and doesn't call?" John B asked, slightly panicking.

"Yeah man, she just left her bag." Pope answered, "Didn't tell anybody."

Sage made eye contact with JJ her cheeks flushing remember what happened a couple minuets ago. She just smiled awkwardly, him giving an equally awkward wave back.

John B walked onto the boat the others were relaxing on, "Okay- dude, I- I really think Ward got to her. I mean the dude tried to have me killed in jail.

Sage's head snapped up to her brother, "What?"

"Yeah!" John B exclaimed, "He sent somebody to the prison you yoked me up and almost killed me."

"Are you serious?" Kie asked in disbelief.

"Yes!"

"Do we know who this dude was?" JJ asked.

"No I have no idea." John B answered. "Dude I just swear to god, one day I'm gonna kill that son of a bitch."

"Count me in." Sage muttered, pushing her brown hair behind her ear. They all glanced at the neck marks, them all knowing who it was.

She had decided to tell them after her and JJ's almost kiss. They immediately wanted to go and cut off Wards and Rafe's head, but Sage convinced them not to with John B's help.

"It's okay." Kie smiled.

"No Kie! It's not okay! We gotta find Sarah." John B told her.

"No literally it's okay," She pointed to behind the Pogues, "Shes right there."

They all turned their heads seeing Sarah sail towards tjem.

"This should be good." Sage mumbled seeing her adoptive brother steering the boat.

Sarah laid eyes on the twins, "Oh my god!" She exclaimed, "OH MY GOD!"

"Sage!" Topper called out, relief washing over her. Sage smiled hearing them.

"What the hell is she doing with Topper?" Kie asked.

"Please play nice." Sage begged not wanting another fight.

"Holy shit!" Sarah smiled with happiness. The two piled up next to the Pogues boat, Sarah jumping in with anticipation.

John B opened his arms, waiting for her to hug him.

But she just ran past him.

"SAGE!" Sarah flung her arms around the girl, Sage grunting by the unexpected hug.

"Uh hey blondie." Sage smiled. John B stared in slight betrayal that his wife went to his sister before him.

"I was so scared! You went missing!" Sarah cured out. "And then you texted but it wasn't you it was Rafe!"