Chapter 53

Kumiko's P. O. V:

We'd all broken free of the crystal prison the Dragon Slayers were all trapped in, and now prepare to finish off Acnologia for good.

A massive Dragon Slayer team up.

A ma now stands before us. He has copper skin and long blue grey spiky hair that reaches his lower back, a grey cloak around his shoulders, and light blue face paint on his face.

That's Acnologia's human form, huh.

His bangs shadowing his eyes, Acnologia says lowly as I stand next to Rogue, "It would seem you fools need to learn a lesson." Natsu scowls fiercely at him. "One I'll gladly teach you: why I'm known as the Dragon King!"

Acnologia then tells us how he was once human living 400 years ago, as a doctor who treated both humans and dragons, and knew of the former dragon known as Acnologia. Acnologia had said there was talk of a new type of magic on the Western Continent, with the sole purpose of killing dragons. So Acnologia travelled West to see if there was any truth to this dragon killing magic. If it was real, it posed a threat to lands like theirs where humans and dragons coexist peacefully, and they could be caught in a long and bloody conflict. Time passed, and Acnologia did return to their hidden land, but he brought death and destruction with him.

In the present, Acnologia smirks right before we all charge at him, and launch our attacks.

Wendy casts her enhancement spell on us as we charge for Acnologia. Gajeel thrusts out an Iron Dragon Sword that just bounces harmlessly off of the blue haired man, and he barely even flinches.

Sting and Rogue run at him on either side of the sword but they were thrown away with ease when Acnologia throws his arm to the side, sending out a blast of magic.

I punch my fist into the floor and rip out a chunk of the crystal. Much to Acnologia's shock, I start eating it, feeling my power surge. "Crystal Dragon: Firing Hanmer!" I appear before Aconologia with my fist encased in crystal, but he sends me flying backward, and I hit the floor.

I peer up to see Cobra and Laxus coming at him from either side, Natsu running forwards.

"Poison Dragon...!"

"Lightning Dragon...!"

"Fire Dragon...!"

However, Acnologia throws Cobra and Laxus back with a blast of magic power.

"Come on, guys! Stay with me!" Natsu calls as he looks back at them.

Wendy calls worriedly to Natsu, "Be careful, Natsu!" He gasps and looks back at Acnologia as he unleashes a massive blast of magic power at Natsu. The flames engulf him and when they vanish, Natsu is revealed to still be standing.

"You've gotta be kidding me," I mumble.

"That sucked!" Grumbles Gajeel.

Laxus mutters in disbelief, "Crazy."

Rogue says, standing next to a crouching Sting, "We knew that this wouldn't be easy."

Sting mutters in disappointment, "Thought we'd get in a few hits at least."

Cobra notes, "He's barely even moved since we've started."

Wendy murmurs, "He's powerful, but don't give up."

Clenching a fist, Natsu gazes at the blue haired man.

"I said I'd show you why I'm called "Dragon King." Is the lesson beginning to sink in yet, or will I have to start killing you?" Says Acnologia as he holds up an index finger. Natsu is crouching while bracing a hand on the floor. "As we stand inside here, my flesh form is on a path of rampant destruction outside the Time Rift, bringing about the end of the world." Natsu gasps as Acnologia holds up a clenched fist. "The hour of wrecking now is upon us! Your civilisation's reached its demise."