Chapter 13

Kumiko's P. O. V:

Later that night, I sit next to Erza at Bar Sun, a deep purple cape thrown over my shoulders. She has a slice of strawberry cake before her while I'm reading my book. Or, at least, I'm trying to, but my mind keeps wandering back to Rogue and Sting. Luna sits on the table, a cup of tea in her paws.

"Is there something on your mind, Kumi-chan?" Erza asks.

"What do you mean?" I ask, glancing at her.

"Well, you've been stuck on that same page ever since we got here. Something must be bothering you," She says, peering at me curiously.

"Oh, uh... it's nothing! Really! I-I promise I'll tell you about it after the Grand Magic Games," I reply, giving her an assuring smile.

"If you say so, Kumi-chan," Erza sighs, returning to her cake while I return my attention to my book, ignoring Luna's knowing stare as she takes a sip of her tea.

At that moment, I feel something hard slam into my back, causing my book to fly out of my hand, and it lands in Erza's cake, while a charcoal-burnt fish lands on top of my book and Erza's destroyed cake.

Erza and I stare in disbelief at her destroyed cake and my stained book, and we start trembling with suppressed rage. In the background I vaguely hear Happy moan in pain.

Lucy squeals, "Uh, oh! They're going to blow!"

Erza and I scowl angrily. We jump to our feet and storm over to Gray and Natsu, who have gotten into yet another fight.

I yell, "That's enough!!" I bop Gray hard on the head while Erza bops Natsu hard on the head, causing both boys to groan in pain as they collapse on the ground.

It was obvious what had happened: while fighting, Gray had accidentally frozen Happy while Natsu accidentally burnt his fish, and that the frozen Happy had been thrown against my back.

"Sorry, ma' ams!" Natsu and Gray groan apologetically.

I say sternly with my arms crossed below my chest, "Listen you two. We're here to prove that Fairy Tail is the best guild in all of Fiore. That's why we're competing in the Grand Magic Games."

Erza nods her head in agreement as she adds, the backs of her hands on her hips, "The final matchup is just around the corner

Erza nods her head in agreement as she adds, the backs of her hands on her hips, "The final matchup is just around the corner. It took all of our strength to snag the 1st place spot. Now all the other guilds will be gunning for us. We should be focused and level-headed, so what exactly was the point..."

The redhead and I give Natsu and Gray deathly glares as I finish, "... of ruining Erza's cake and my book?"

"Huh?!" Natsu, Gray and Lucy, who is standing nearby, gasp in shock.