Chapter 28

Pic is of Luna in her human form, just with of course the ears and tail—->

Kumiko's P. O. V:

After we return to the hotel, Sting places Rogue on his bed so he could rest while his wound heals up a bit. Sting and Lector leave but I stayed behind with Frosch and Luna.

"How are you holding up?" I ask, studying his wound.

"Better, thanks to you, Kumi-chan," He replies. "What happened to Kira?"

"She left after she stabbed you," I explain. "She's going to pay for that." I clench a fist and it trembles slightly. Rogue places his hand on mine and squeezes it gently. My hand slowly stops its trembling. "When you're feeling better, we'll plan our next move. I high doubt that Kira has left Gardenia."

Rogue says in agreement, "Okay."

I lean forward and place a gentle kiss on his cheek. Rogue smiles at me as I pull back and stand up. I return it with my own before striding for the door, Luna behind me.

When I leave the room and shut the door, I find Sting leaning against the opposite wall with his arms crossed over his chest, and concern glinting in his eyes.

"He'll be fine after he gets a bit of rest," I tell the blonde.

"That's a relief," Sting says, smiling a little. "What about you? I mean, after facing the deadly assassin, and all."

"She was so strong—stronger than I first thought. But, I'm okay. I'm just relieved that Rogue is alright," I reply. I add as I walk down the hallway, "Come on, we need to let Rogue rest for now."

I hear Sting, Lector and Luna following behind me.

~~~

A few hours after dinner, Sting, Rogue and I sit around the table to plan our next move. Rogue seems to be well enough to move around, and I'm relieved to see that.

"That woman managed to dodge all our attacks with ease," Sting says. "It's like they hardly even fazed her."

"Kira mentioned that she wields a sword called Arashi, meaning tempest. So, I would assume that she uses lighting based attacks," I muse, a hand on my chin thoughtfully.

"Wouldn't your Crystal Dragon Slayer Magic pretty much be useless against her, then?" Rogue asks.

"You're right. Lightning along with Sound Magics are two of the only known magics capable of destroying my Crystal Dragon Slayer Magic. But, Kira isn't the only one with a magic sword," I say, smirking slightly as I drop my hand.

"And, now we've gotta find her again," Sting groans in annoyance. "Great!"

"I don't think it'll be too hard this time," Luna inputs. "Since we don't think Kira has left town, we can only assume that she'll show up again to finish us off."

"Well, next time, we'll take her down!" Sting declares, smirking.

Rogue smirks slightly while I nod my head in agreement.

I stand up and go over to the window. I gaze out it for a moment, before I glance back at the others as I murmur, "I can only hope we can stop Kira before she decides to harm the civilians."

"